The Pedal Car, Wagon & Wheel Barrow Build Off

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Flip it and get a pic , like to get an idea of the leanght of that dragster!
Wagonator: As it sits now, changes, cutting, revisions and additions to be made. Probably going to switch pans, maybe bigger back wheels? Could get longer by moving pan back? Work in progress...
32d7d83e5bcce960569da4d8d4d952e3.jpg
2aeb1450eef40814ea07a40625bc2aad.jpg
c56c67af28116ba41ae494fb239a7638.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK I did a pan switch on Wagonator. Interestingly the Radio Flyer pan fit inside the Sears pan. The RF has more patina and ghost graphics.
66aca57c39a72b56da5947e96238448b.jpg
18ec4bd4e4811796dbe903faddcf6451.jpg
ec96da1f0d8266b42d3f4bfe59b2be36.jpg

Looks like it needs a bigger wheel on back end.
Think it's destined for "small box" hot rod power.
2462bf1abc765969ae7f9e700f1a2266.jpg
To be continued.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The BACK40 presents:
"LUMBER JACKED"

This is my introduction to the 'find'. After perusing the parameters of the Wisconsin northwoods, with no garage sale, ditch discovery, or flea market un-turned; I landed here:

When I returned home, I shot this introductory vid of the actual found piece....and some preview pieces that I found along the way. Check it out:
(sorry, for some reason the film editing gods are not with me today...it's sideways and I can't get it right!)

Looking forward to this new twist to a build off! And as always.....RaT oN!

I think this thread will be the BEST thread ever created here. There's going to be so many great things going on. I don't want to "muddy" up this thread by responding to every post made, I'll let the participating builders respond to each other. ...So I'll let my "LIKE" button do the talking. If you get a LIKE from me, know that I really appreciate the time, effort and imagination that you are putting into your build... My only regret will be that there isn't a "FREAKING AWESOME" button to click!

I think this thread will be the BEST thread ever created here. There's going to be so many great things going on. I don't want to "muddy" up this thread by responding to every post made, I'll let the participating builders respond to each other. ...So I'll let my "LIKE" button do the talking. If you get a LIKE from me, know that I really appreciate the time, effort and imagination that you are putting into your build... My only regret will be that there isn't a "FREAKING AWESOME" button to click!
You may have to just post/point out the FREAKIN' AWESOME parts of this build off....
Carl

I have a plan, and this is the preliminary drawing. You may see now why I want another wagon. It's a T-Bucket body, and I have a couple of ideas for the "motor" hehe anybody got and old Hoover upright or a Kirby head?
wagon T.jpg

Carl.

daggum i almost forgot about this one lol i am still on the hunt for a worthy pedal car but i might just enter the rusty decomposing corpse of the wagon i pulled from the weedbed i will post my beginning point tommorrow gonna call it weedflyer i think i don't even know what to call it lol

Got the project up on the operating table this morning. These have to be elevated, or you break your back working on them!

Barn sale across the river today. If I tease my wife with a day out and I buy lunch, I might head over and check it out....

Here's the latest disection...

20170904_082822.jpg

20170904_091741.jpg

20170904_091752.jpg

20170904_091806.jpg

You mean, you're going to add rust to it, right KJV?! :grin:
That would make it a real 'rattle trap' of a wagon....:wondering::bigsmile:

After a day of dealing with my own crap, I figured I better get to work.

Now I'm a trike fan, and this is cool. But I bought this worksman Porta trike a few years ago, specifically to build a pedal car.

So under the knife it goes....
Stay tuned.
03fcfcdb33c8e6e3639656017619853d.jpg

Latest posts

Back