"The Porcellio"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, this will be my first entry.. and also a first time custom building a metal fame bike. I made one out of plywood, but it was ready before build off, so I started " The Porcellio"

F24QiT.jpg

Welcome to RRB and the Build Off.
You may want to play around with your image posting. Right now only thumbnails are being displayed and people have to click each pic to see it.
Have fun!

I just noticed on the BOTEN map that you are located in Tallinn, Estonia. What an awesome city!!!! My wife and I were there for Christmas in 2012

I managed to build a little today.
pbaJPiadj

I bought a bottombracket, and lucky me- this one is just the one you can press into your BB shell, because if only tool you have is a screwdriwer :) then makeing English threads is pretty hard! so i cutted a piece of pipe- inner diameter 40mm. and voila! it fits! (its not pressed together yet)
f0If4P7Pj

Nice welding ay? :)

Also got some tires and new, not so fat rims just a simple 36 spoke ones.
I will paint the rims red and the tires are brown.

To make things more interesting and challenging, I will try to make my spring system for front fork something like this:
exbDvfsZj

I hope this will work! :)

and the last thing for today is my super fantastic fork :))
idiggvSRj

Only thing i am worrying right now is the handlebar. (pic. 1) I will need to bend it more in the future if i have measured where my hands will be, but today i bended it.. and i think the bottom part down there is little short. :S almost like a full V :)

Cheers!

To make things more interesting and challenging, I will try to make my spring system for front fork something like this:
exbDvfsZj

I hope this will work! :)
Ooooo! An extension spring fork! Cool, I have thought about trying that for a while now, looking forward to seeing it happen!

Luke.

I wondered about how soft the springs would be. looks like they're just right! Good work.

Story with the springs is that.. i first had springs that were too soft.. i could easyly push them wery low.. but then i bought a scale with a spring inside you know.. and it was max. 50kg or 112 pounds.. so i cut the spring half and now i have 50+50 kg. And its working :)
Its hard for me to find good and suitable springs.

Latest posts

Back