The Prowler

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, I finally have a couple updates to share on The Prowler, and I have the ability to update the thread again!

First update is from almost a year ago now, but I found a chain guard for the bike! I actually got it in a trade along with a bunch of other bike parts. It's just what I want, except it's got a nasty scar where the crank's scraped away at it. I might still be able to use it if I can find a good metallized filler that's good for powder coating, but I need to see what's out there first.
BftD_Rubies_6.jpg
BftD_Rubies_7.jpg
BftD_Rubies_8.jpg
BftD_Rubies_9.jpg

One other small issue is chain clearance. the outer lip of the chain guard rubs against the chain, so it'll need some surgery to allow the chain to move freely.
BftD_Rubies_10.jpg

The next update is much more recent, however. Earlier this Sunday, I left the tank with my friend Allan for him to finish up all the welding that needed to be done. He later dropped it off on Wednesday, all welded up and ready for cleanup! It'll need a bit of sanding, filing and filler to fix it up, but once that's out of the way, it should be ready for powder coating!
BftD_prowler_finished_tank_1.jpg
BftD_prowler_finished_tank_2.jpg

It'll probably be a while yet before I have more updates to share on Prowler, but now I can start sharing those updates on the original thread once again.

Latest posts

Back