The Prowler

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No problem man. That's one reason we are all here isn't it?

Here are some options, I think the All Metal was what he told me about.
Somebody in the search results was using JB Weld.
Screenshot_20220202-203558_DuckDuckGo.jpg
Screenshot_20220202-203622_DuckDuckGo.jpg

I like the stance of this build, and your unique design features BFTD! I think it might fit you better, and look cooler, with the bars in an upright / vertical position. You might be trying to match the angle of the fork , etc, but that isn't really needed. You have plenty of 'slant' to the frame, seat tube, fork, etc. Hang em up high! :thumbsup:

I like the stance of this build, and your unique design features BFTD! I think it might fit you better, and look cooler, with the bars in an upright / vertical position. You might be trying to match the angle of the fork , etc, but that isn't really needed. You have plenty of 'slant' to the frame, seat tube, fork, etc. Hang em up high! :thumbsup:
Thanks! I can try changing the angle of the handlebars, but they're actually pretty comfortable where they are. Plus, I just like seeing the handlebars lined up with the forks.

Well, I hate to say it, but unless a miracle happens, I'm more than likely not going to finish The Prowler by the March 1st deadline. I had hoped to make some more progress last week, but Allan had a job come up out-of-state, and I have no idea when he'll be back. Between that and pet-sitting this week, I doubt I'll be able to get this bike done in time. Still, at least this project is rideable as-is, unlike my previous builds. I actually rode it last Friday, which was nice.
20220211_175030.jpg

I'm still going to work on this bike whenever I get the chance, and I fully intend to finish it; I just don't think I'll be able to finish it when I want.

Well, I hate to say it, but unless a miracle happens, I'm more than likely not going to finish The Prowler by the March 1st deadline. I had hoped to make some more progress last week, but Allan had a job come up out-of-state, and I have no idea when he'll be back. Between that and pet-sitting this week, I doubt I'll be able to get this bike done in time. Still, at least this project is rideable as-is, unlike my previous builds. I actually rode it last Friday, which was nice.
View attachment 185946

I'm still going to work on this bike whenever I get the chance, and I fully intend to finish it; I just don't think I'll be able to finish it when I want.
Sorry to hear that man. It looks close.
Good luck, Rob

View attachment 185946

Enter it as it sits!

Maybe throw a set of grips on it and she's done (for now).

Is that allowed? I mean, yeah, it's a rider, but it's far from "finished."
If I'm lucky, I'll get Bonefish that far... Just trying to get it done (different from finished) is my goal, I'll deal with fixing the flaws after the deadline

Last edited:
Well, if you guys all think it's okay to post it in the "Finished" section as is, then I'll try slapping some grips on it and shooting a few pictures of it this weekend.
Hey, man, getting it across the finish line, whatever the level of finish, is still an accomplishment. If you have a fully functional bicycle, do it!

Latest posts

Back