The Prowler

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well, it's not technically "finished," but The Prowler has already racked up more than a few miles on its new tires since I got it rolling; and taking a basket case of a bike, and getting it rideable, regardless of its current condition, is an accomplishment on its own. In fact, the weather was so nice out today that I took The Prowler out for a cruise around one of my old college campuses. I ended up taking these photos there after I was done riding around the bike trail. While I still plan to paint/powder coat this bike and make it all nice and shiny, I really do like how rough and gritty it looks right now. I love the stance it has, thanks to the Monark springer fork lifting up the nose by a few inches, and I especially love the tank and how it's mounted to the frame. I'll continue to work on it, but I might just ride it for a while in this raw, unfinished state before I really polish it up. There's still a lot of work left to do on it, but right now, I'm just happy that I've got my own rideable Murray Eliminator muscle bike.
BftD_prowler_almost_finished_2.jpg
BftD_prowler_almost_finished_4.jpg
BftD_prowler_almost_finished_1.jpg
BftD_prowler_almost_finished_3.jpg
BftD_prowler_almost_finished_5.jpg
BftD_prowler_almost_finished_8.jpg
BftD_prowler_almost_finished_6.jpg
BftD_prowler_almost_finished_7.jpg
BftD_prowler_almost_finished_10.jpg
BftD_prowler_almost_finished_11.jpg
BftD_prowler_almost_finished_12.jpg
BftD_prowler_almost_finished_9.jpg