The RatMobile

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bias ply looks very hot rod, probably get that squeaky sound cornering, not squealing, just the rubber gripping pavement. This thing will be so fun!

I cleared a spot in the garage for it this morning and discovered an issue on the house as I was walking around to get it. Had to go by a 20 foot ladder and need to hang it before I can bring it inside. It will be rebuilt and live under the Ratcumbent

F3AC84CD-7EE7-4868-82FD-7B3E156F9121.jpeg

I dont know. I did sit on it and have to have the seat all the way back. I think there will be too much weight to lift it. My legs are not that strong
I guess it was probably made for kids? I think you could get it up if you just lean back with the seat where it's at. I guess you'll have a better chance finding out when you've got it built.

That quadracycle is loaded with potential! You could do anything to it, really. Pedal-powered Mario Kart? Adult-sized pedal car? Funny car-style flip-top streamliner? The possibilities are endless! I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with this funky oddball!
A body would be awesome but wont happen during this build off. I found a sand blasting place close by and will be spray painting it flat black with red wheels. If I do an eventual body, I am thinking about a 1/2 scale VW thing. The width and wheelbase are almost dead on. I can shape that out of cardboard to try it before actually building it

A body would be awesome but wont happen during this build off. I found a sand blasting place close by and will be spray painting it flat black with red wheels. If I do an eventual body, I am thinking about a 1/2 scale VW thing. The width and wheelbase are almost dead on. I can shape that out of cardboard to try it before actually building it
I think that'll be fine for now. A 1/2 scale VW Thing would be awesome! Yeah, mock it up! Keeping simple is fine, but putting an oddball car body on such an oddball frame sounds even better!

This is gonna be a fun one! How about Mod Quad or Quadraphenia for a name.

This is gonna be a fun one! How about Mod Quad or Quadraphenia for a name.
Havent given much thought to a name yet. Shooting to get it hosed off and in the garage tomorrow afternoon. There is a big stuffed mario on a shelf at work. I think it would be cool to find a black and white one like they did with the mickey mouses years ago. Would make a cool photo shoot

I have one more frame from the dump, an Easy Racer clone. I was going to let it sit forever, but your green one gives me some motivation.

I have one more frame from the dump, an Easy Racer clone. I was going to let it sit forever, but your green one gives me some motivation.
I still have the original seat back frame if you need one. Ive done many chopper style bikes over the years and the ratcumbent is by far the best rider. Last weekend we went for two 15 mile rides, first one i did one my Allez, second one on the Ratcumbent. I would never try a ride like that on a beach cruiser or chopper. The only issue i had was stopping. I get so into the laid back position, i have to adjust to put a foot down. I have built and sold so many bikes, will be keeping the Ratcumbent forever

A friend used to run a Super Snipe, a genuine ton up car with a bar for the back seat passengers.
Have a '71 Morris Minor van as a daily ride.

A friend used to run a Super Snipe, a genuine ton up car with a bar for the back seat passengers.
Have a '71 Morris Minor van as a daily ride.
Id love to get ahold of a Morris Minor, theres a green 2 door about a mile from me. The guy has at least 15 cars and he wont sell it

After moving and looking at the Rat Mobile, I decided to start disassembling it outside and glad I did, some large spders and several nests came out of places with the hose. It looks like a freewheel in there with a ton of crap on it. Going to try to make it one if its not, I dont want a fixie. Pedals are 9/16 and I have a pair for it already. I should have it completely apart this week and off to sandblast

8202BFA5-D33E-4932-A1C3-68EA88BE6CF5.jpeg
5E5243C5-C927-4480-A711-49773AF47C10.jpeg
5F157B09-680A-47EC-B7DE-3C54FA61BCD6.jpeg

Latest posts

Back