The Screaming Rabbit -- Finished (new video)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On the pedals, maybe you could change the white blocks to a set with the right thread?
I tried that but the nuts won't come off. The male end seems to have been flared out after the nuts were put on, almost like a pop rivet. For $15 I went ahead and ordered the adapters. If I had spent $45 then I could have gotten the exact same thing only they call them Knee Savers.

The slow trickle of parts keeps rolling in. Whenever I order parts I am unfamiliar with it is always a bit of a gamble.

Will it be as described? Is it a quality part? Will it work for my bike?

This time I feel like I hit the Jackpot! I snagged this 1960's era Sweedish made TRYGG center stand off of Evil-Bay and I couldn't be happier with it. The seller said it was removed from a 26" Raleigh but I had no idea if it would fit a the Worksman with balloon tires. Turns out it fits perfectly. So perfectly that not only does the bike stand straight up but it does so with both tires firmly on the ground. On top of that this thing is really beefy. All of which will be crucial as this build progresses.

The fact that the base hangs down 5 inches under the BB is some added character that I didn't originally envision but I can live with it. Overall I am very pleased and I will be keeping my eye out for more of these.

Stand look great with the bike.
I like the skirts on there too.

I have been off the radar for the last couple of weeks and while no actual work has been getting done, I have been working hard on the build I have going on in my mind. I have also been collecting parts and have picked up a few important pieces and have finally settled on a name. This bike is officially called the Screaming Rabbit. Here is a preview of the badge Xavier ( aka AXSEPUL ) did for me. https://instagram.com/p/3t_96AwPRg/

iu

Cool badge!

I got some work done on the rear rack this weekend. Started with a 5 inch piece of channel aluminum and started cutting away. Still have to clean up some rough edges and drill a few holes but I feel like I am making a little progress. For braces I will be using the struts off a 20 inch springer.

I like how you made that rack.

Slowly chipping away at it. When I tried to put the chain on today I discovered that the sprocket I have mounted up is a little wonky so I will be breaking it down and swapping it out. The rack looks like it is going to work well but I am still ironing out the mount. I also hope to have the motor mounted up soon but in the meantime I have been trying to figure out the throttle and kill switch set up. Lots of trial and error but I think I've almost got it sorted out. In the meantime here are photos of the bike with the front fender mounted up and also the bars/throttle I will be using. Its a thumber off an old Honda Big Red three wheeler.

I don't want to get too off topic but I will also add that I have been a little distracted with a purchase I made this week.:rockout:

Wow!! Got my fresh find beat, my question is where do you park it?
5f7817c83ac00992b85efe7b4f170ea0.jpg
So far it is taking up a very large space in my garage. At 12 feet long and hundreds of pounds, I think hanging it up is out of the question. Your Rollfast is a cool design. Hard to say for sure but the black fork looks exactly like the old school crowned Worksman fork that I pulled off the Screaming Rabbit to make room for the rat trap that is on there now.

Sprocket swap has been completed and the rack is mounted. I also got my long spring Messenger set up. If the seat post clamp seems a little high that is cause it is. The seat post was REALLY stuck. I have been alternating between Aero-Kroil and PB nearly every day since the BO began. I have also tried heat and had no luck with that either. Finally I realized that the old school seat post already clamped to the seat was a perfect fit to slide right into the Worksman post. All I had to do was cut a couple slices down the old tube and slap a clamp around it.

Does anybody know where I can get a REALLY, REALLY long shifter cable for my 4 seater?

I had a friend who made cables,but sadly passed far to soon.
His wife kept his shop going,I can check with her to see if she knows anyone that makes custom cables.
Or maybe you could make some sort of chain linkage.

Totally missed the 4 seater. I bet even if you got a long enough cable the spring tension on the derailleur or three speed may not be enough to pull the cable taught.

Cool idea on the seatpost. Can you show a detail pic?

Latest posts

Back