The Screaming Rabbit -- Finished (new video)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I appreciate your concern and it does not fall on deaf ears, but......

What if it works??? I have been thinking about this for some time and now I just need to know. Failure (without injury) is an acceptable outcome but that would probably lead to a redesign rather than calling it quits. I have been thinking about the tendency to lean left although I am not sure if it will lean left or right as my prop is pushing rather than pulling. My plan is to hit the throttle VERY slowly once rolling. I will definitely have a helmet and a video camera on.
:thumbsup:

Luke.

I'm guessing that the centripetal force of the prop will cause the bike to want to push hard to the side. And with all that high center of gravity weight on the back, leveraging the front wheel upwards, it should make for an interesting ride.

The weather cooperated last night and with the help of a friend I was able to get some good pictures. One thing is for sure, this bike gets A LOT of attention and I was not the only one taking pictures of it.

Now that posterity has been taken care of I feel like I can fire it up assuming I can get the throttle to respond the way I would like first. I will post more pics in the Finished Bikes thread but until then here is a little teaser....

:113:
Love it!
What could possibly go wrong?

Engine test went well but it turns out the throttle is not ideal. It lacks the range of motion needed to make this Rabbit Scream so it is effectively running at 1/8 -1/4 power when at full throttle. An easy future fix with a different throttle but it has plenty of power the way it is now. This video of the engine test ends with us laying off the throttle cause the two of us could no longer hold the bike back.

Last edited:
I think it looks awesome!
Rabbit1_zps9tpcape3.jpg

I am federally certified as an airframe and powerplant technician, i would not advise hooking that prop up to that rack. If the prop isnt balanced you will experience heavy vibrations which will shake that rear rack apart. Please consider your safety and the others that are around you. Bolt the engine to a heavy table to test your prop and see what it will do before you strap that thing to your back and get turned into sushi.

I truly love the ingenuity of this build and how well it looks too.
The video is very cool too.
BUT, it does look like a potentially maiming death trap too.:eek:
Be careful man!

Loving this! The ride video is awesome! :wink1:

(You know, the one I found by looking at your YouTube channel!)

Luke.
Thanks Luke. Since you found the other video we took yesterday and there are only 2 days left in the build off, I might as well show everybody.

This clip is for all the nay sayers ( and there have been a lot ). I've built a lot of dumb stuff before, but nothing that has had so many people convinced it would not work.

I will be posting final pics in the Finished thread tomorrow, cause I like to drag things out.

I said it was insanely cool. Im impressed

Sent from my LGL31L using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back