The Shop Scavenger ( new name: CHOPPRITTO)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Shop Scavenger aka Joe Don (new name : Choppritto)

Well, I finally got back to work on this little beast. It's coming along pretty good and I should be done by the deadline. It's kind of a cross between a chopper and a burrito so ..... Choppritto! I think it's more fitting than my original name.

It's been a pain keeping everything straight but it seems to be going well. I've got most all of the frame welded, she aint pretty but she'll hold!

RRBAnythingGoes2009157.jpg

RRBAnythingGoes2009158.jpg

RRBAnythingGoes2009159.jpg

Figured with my weight, I should add a little more support.

RRBAnythingGoes2009161.jpg

Working on the forks, but not quite sure if I'll stay with the ones in the picture. I'd kinda like to go a little smaller diameter.

RRBAnythingGoes2009165.jpg

RRBAnythingGoes2009164.jpg

I will probably be finshing it up on Wed. or Thanksgiving and I plan on riding it at the Turkey Trek cruise on Saturday.

Re: The Shop Scavenger (name change: Choppritto)

Got the forks all done. I decided to stay with the ones I first started with and lengthened them accordingly.

RRBAnythingGoes2009179.jpg

So now it's rolling! The pics were taken late Wed. night so they're kinda sucky. I tried to lighten them though.

RRBAnythingGoes2009176.jpg

RRBAnythingGoes2009175.jpg

RRBAnythingGoes2009174.jpg

I think that these are the handlebars I will use, I'll just have to add some length.

RRBAnythingGoes2009178.jpg

Should have it rideable Thursday afternoon!

Re: The Shop Scavenger aka Joe Don

hey chainy looks like you an me are rushin to get our freaks done. :shock: :lol:

Thanks Dman, It's looks are pretty decieving. I keep looking at it and thinking,"man that thing is huge!" Even when I pick it up it seems to take the whole shop to flip it. I think that it's only about 7 1/2 feet from axel to axel but later today I'll get a true measurement.

Stretch, You can never rush a true FreakBike, but they can rush you! :p No matter how fast you work on them, they have a tendency to take their sweet 'ol time. Good luck with yours. Looking forward to taking up a lot of room done there on 14 Mile this next July!

Thanks guys!

ha, true. but is what extra tube out front for the bb?

Yeah, the BB will go there and tie back into the frame for a little extra support. Eventually it will have some added doo-dads and thingamabobs, but for this contest and the next couple of rides, it's gonna be pretty plain.

Some of the stuff I'm hoping to add in the future:
I got a really sweet women's purse to go into that space between the seat and rear wheel! Problems is ... I don't have any matching shoes! :? Should make for a nice tool pouch though.
I'm gonna add some custom gussets for extra support.
Wanna do some lighting.
Possibly a small luggage rack on the top bar behind the seat., above my purse.
Gonna leave it kinda ratty looking. I'll just cover the bare metal with primer and blend it into the different colors. Like I said in the beginning of this thread, I want it to look like something that was (IS) pieced together from all kinds of different bikes. Hopefully it will give some ideas to future FreakBike builders.

At the begining of Nov. Gigs (my wife) had to have surgery on her foot. Last weekend she was due to go back to work, her foot was heeled pretty good, so we went on the Turkey Trek ride. Shortly after we started she face planted herself and also messed up her knee real good. The new medical bills and lack of her paychecks has made things tight. So when I ran out of welding wire and then a couple of other things were needed, work stopped on the build. The bike won't be finished by the deadline but I should have it on the road before Xmas! Good luck to everyone else. There are some great bikes being put together and everyone should be very proud to cruise any of these bikes down main street.
Thank you all very much,
Chainy

P.S. if you wanna see and hear the tale of the "FacePlant" ...
http://www.forum.freakbikenation.com/ph ... a&start=15

Luckily we have a fireman and his wife, who's a first respnder om most of our rides. With Gigs, we need it! :lol:

hey man, im on the same boat with not meetin the deadline, but no faceplant! hope she heals good. i just want to take my time with building it and getting the proper materials.

I woulda cried.......Then "face" planted anyone who laughed.

KOTA said:
I woulda cried.......Then "face" planted anyone who laughed.

She's the one who started the laughing! :( It's her fault!
Over the years she become a tough old bird. When first started going out, she'd cry over a mosquito bite!

Thanks for your concerns, we both appreciate it.

Look for upcoming pictures of her Xmas parade cruise! I hopefully will have them up on the Fowlerville Xmas thread in the events section.

Latest posts

Back