The Silver Surfer - FINISHED! (BOTEN)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I planned on getting up before sunrise today to get a couple coats of paint on the frame. Luckily, on the way home from work last night a cool front came thru and I was able to get three good coats of silver on and even finish off the frame with three more coats of clear. The picture doesn't do the paint job justice but it is very shiny and it sparkles too! Wahoo! I might actually finish this year. Of course, now that i'm not going with a bare frame, I've already cleared the bare fenders. I'm not going to have time to repaint them before the deadline so they are staying bare until I have more time to paint them to match the frame. Oh well, at least I got one disaster averted.

Glad you got the paint worked out

Got the bike ridable last night!! :rockout: Didn't think it was going to happen. A few set backs though. I never test fitted the fenders after I got the new tires on. Well, the new tires are too fat for the the fenders. The fenders that came on this bike are for the narrower lowrider style of tires. I didn't even think about that. Oh well, it still looks good without the fenders. Plus, since I ended out painting the frame, the fenders were just clear coat over bare metal so they didn't match that well anyway. I could have taken it for a test ride last night but a freakin' thunder storm blew thru, it even knocked out power for awhile. I ordered some cool grip from Ian and they should be in today or tomorrow, other than that the bike is done, except for the surfboard. I still have work to do on that.

Anyway, here's the only picture I have just as I started last night. (Yes, I turned my living room into my workshop for this bike. Heck, it's air conditioned.) My little buddy was trying to help but he kept running off with the nuts and bolts. I guess he thought we were playing hide and seek instead of building a bike. :bandit:

First glance I see a cool silver and red muscle bike.
Can't wait to see some photos and video out in the light. There are so many reflective points in this bike it's stripper name is Sparkles.

Looks awesome! Silver and red combo is cool!

Ok, so just before I started to assemble the bike for the final time this is what I noticed all over the frame.

So I removed all the clear and rust spots again and sprayed the primer on. Well, this is what happened to the whole frame.

So, after throwing the frame around the back yard for a few minutes, this is where it ended out. :headbang:

Woke up this morning just before sunrise, took the frame out of the garbage can, went back into the workshop and started stripping the frame down, for the third time now!! Looks like I'll be pulling a bunch of all nighters and early mornings in order to finish this bike. :arghh:
Wow dude that really sucks ! Hate when you put so much time into some thing and it turns to [emoji90]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow dude that really sucks ! Hate when you put so much time into some thing and it turns to [emoji90]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know, right! I actually like it better painted anyway.

Latest posts

Back