the "SKELEBIKE"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Building of the "SKELEBIKE"

Mine is the black primer and rust Firebike that was on the end of the outside row. I like it in the basement also, I kind of wish that was where we are but its probably not going to happen. Are you going to Owasso this weekend? This is an awsome ride and always a great time. Heres the post from Rick at the House Of Wheels (host of the ride):
Howdy guys and dolls.

Got most of the stuff in order for this weekends bike ride/show. Got a groovy T-shirt design.....stolen from Electra.....with permission. Got more door prizes and some cool handmade metal trinkets for scavenger hunt prizes. Got the usuall games and sorry but food will cost $3.00 for dogs/drinks/chips. We have the parking lot blocked off and there is room for swap meet space but come early so we can line you up by the fence. Got a nice neon yellow Huffy BMX for the toss.......remains go to chainsaw. Gonna do the poker run backwards with a new 1/2 mile trail added in to keep it FRESH for the regulars. So come on down as the others will attest it's fun as heck! Well actually a spiritual man once told me I wouldn't like heck. But the ride and associated activities are fun.......we'll be glad you came.

Michigan Rick.........House of Wheels....Owosso....989-725-8373

005.jpg

very cool. reminds me of this bike i seen in a magazine

skeleton-bike.jpg

Man this thing is sick!!! I hope you paid the model good money while you mocked this up. The backbone details are fantastic. What did you use to create the vertibrae?

OK I see it now, looks like the tube was scribed to get the bone effect...sweet

Incredible fabrication. Just incredible. Great job! :D

such a sick bike!!!!! looking at the bike you started out with shows how with the right imagination and skill and well.. a welder you can turn trash into treasure. great work man

Man that is impressive! Amazing artistry: realistic details like the two bone tibia keep it from looking hokey. I half expect it to stand up!

Well I entered it again in this years Detroit Autorama and once again the Al petri bike show was great and a hats off to Don and his beautiful wife Debbie for putting up with us down there. The bike is now retired from the show circuit so if you came down and saw it a big thanks to you. Im not sure whats in store for the bike now as it sits in my basement behind a couch. I just want to thank everyone for their great comments, they really made my day.
skellytrophy2.jpg

Props on an incredible build man. You have an eye for art thats forsure. This bike should be hung in a shop somewhere for many an eye to see. Thanks for the inspiration of what can be done on a crooked garage floor 8)

Thanks guys. Some of my besst work comes out of that floor, Jonny, I am glad it inspires you. You really can do anything you want with very little. Theres no drill press, bench grinder, lathe, plasma cutter, tube bender, band saw, or any type of metal working equipment in my garage. In fact I dont even own an acetylene torch. All I have is an Air compressor with assorted air tools ( drill, die grinder and angle grinder and a reciprocating air saw that uses 2-3 inch blades and a millwaukee sawzall) and my Miller syncrowave 250 tig/stick welder. The rest comes from my head and my hands.

Latest posts

Back