The stupid, ugly, messed up bikes thread.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is probably the worst thing I have seen so far.
Screenshot_20210930-181301_Google.jpg

This is probably the worst thing I have seen so far.
View attachment 174472
I rather like this floating ring, although I would want to use something to stop it wearing the chainstay. I remember that for one of my modified motorcycles I fitted longer shock absorbers that meant the chain would rub on the swing arm mount - so I bolted on a 1/2" block of leather on top of it for the chain to run on instead, lubricated it well and rode it like that for years.

Shame on you guys for knocking these builds ! They are all one form or another “Rat Rod Builds”. I’m sure everyone of the bikes builders were proud of their bikes , just as we are of our builds.
I'm not amused by this thread as much as wondering how some of the potentially dangerous structural issues that appear to be prone to failure may cause serious injury to those riding those particular bikes.

I’ve seen some questionable builds on here in past competitions, but I haven’t said anything as the builders never asked for an opinion. Cruddy looking welds for the most part will still do the job as will bolting frames together. Do I think they are safe enough for me to ride ? no, but like they say, “The beauty is in the eye of the beholder” I’ll never knock another persons build. And I’ll leave it at that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol I find the factory welds on my build off bike from last year questionable. I guess everyone has different standards for what is rideable and safe.
I learned to never stand on the pedals and really push on any bike with crimped seatstays/chainstays. I'll still cruise flatlands on them though.

Latest posts

Back