The Swamp Rat

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am starting with this Schwinn Spitfire 5 thats looks like it's been sitting in a swamp for the last 10 years.

100_5105.jpg

100_5106.jpg

Re: Swampy Schwinn

that bike wins for holding its breath under water the longest and living to tell about it !!!

youve got your work cut out for ya, cant wait to see it brought back to life though :D

I wish the one I'm doing looked like that I wouldn't have to figure out a finish :eek: :lol: .Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Just goin out on a limb here but how about changing the name to "The Swamp Rat".....hopefully Don Garlits wouldn't mind. Great frame to start with by the way, good luck.

I like the sound of that thanks :mrgreen: , I got most of it apart but the headset is being a pain so I'm letting it soak in penetrating a while longer.

I'm surprised you got the seatpost out! But now you should be all good with the seized parts out and off to the races!

The seatpost was easy, nothing a little penetrating oil and a 2 foot pipe wrench couldn't fix :mrgreen: . Is building a custom fork and set of bars legal for this buildoff?

I like the look of skip tooth sprockets but I also like 3 piece cranks.

100_5110.jpg

I had this sprocket laying around when I thought of something.

100_5109.jpg

I used this crank

100_5112.jpg

a few holes and some filing and you have a skip tooth sprocket that fits a 3 piece crank

Nice frame. Penetrating oil and a three foot pipe wrench has always been two of my favorite tools too. Good luck on your build.

Latest posts

Back