The Traditional Build (THE FIREBALL EIGHT)" Moved to Finished BIkes Thread"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very cool!
just a suggestion. The Roadmaster gets kinda lost in the checkerboard. Maybe have a an outlined white (or other accent color) oval behind the roadmaster.

I was able to put some time into my bike build today. I started by straightening out the bent up fender braces with a hammer and dolly. 3 of the 4 braces are not original and some time in the past someone extended the aftermarket braces by cutting off the brace ends and welding on new ends to extend them to work on this bike. The welds are gold the same color as the ones on the bike frame so this was done many years ago. The welds were really messy so I took my grinder to them and smoothed them out:

Then I pulled the seat apart so I can send it away for powder coat:

The Seat in pieces:

Here is the box of the rest of the parts that I am sending to Envirotech for powder coating. These parts are going to be a flat black:

And the most exciting part of today. My rims were ready to be picked up. They turned out really nice!

Today I picked up my stainless tubing pieces for the fake exhaust:

Here I placed them on the tank piece to see how they would look:

Yesterday I picked up the leather material for recovering my seat. I picked it up from the local upholstery shop in town. I asked for a scrap piece and he gave me the foam and leather for a real good price!

Those look beefy and cool. Are you doing a dimensional tank or a center plate with the exhaust? Either way tight!

I tried a couple of different places around town last week to get my color mixed up and I could not find any one who was willing to mix it up. Then I tried one of the body shops and they said they could mix it and put it in a spray bomb and today it was ready so I went to pick it up. Still keeping the color a surprise:

The parts I dropped off for powder coating were done so I picked them up today as well. They turned out really nice!:

Lets unwrap them and check them out:

The last couple of days have been spent working out the dents in the fender and today I started stripping the rust off with the flap wheel Next step is patching the fender:

Then next 2 photos show the fender where the major damage was:

I created a rust removal tank and it is filled with vinegar. I am soaking the rusty parts in there and they are coming out clean:

Here is the chain after soaking 2 days. It was totally rusty and now it is like brand new:

I also assembled the front rim I was able to straighten out the bent spokes which was all of them and polish them up. I kept these because I wanted the brass spoke nipples. Now I just have to True this rim and install the tire on it:

Latest posts

Back