The Twin Phantom

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a couple of favorite bikes, the schwinn phantom and the Elgin twin bar, so I was thinking "What would they look like together?". So I dug though some boxes in the garage and collected enough part to find out how my first rat rod entry will turn out......

Untitled by then8j, on Flickr

Original grips have to stay, the springer took alot of work to fit.

The basic set up for now

Then8j said:
Not quite done with it yet but it's looking sweet, rides great too!!!

Haha, that I don't believe with such a low seat... (or you must have really short legs and relatively long arms...) :wink:

But this is a mighty fine looking bike (now that's an understatement...)
Good luck and have fun building.

"Digs through some boxes" and pulls out this......what a world. :roll:

Yes, I'm a little bit jealous right now haha

Man, what a combination of makes/parts! To me, there's an artistic aspect to this bike that I really like.

I am curious to see how that seat is mounted though, any chance of a closeup pic? pleeeeeaaaaase.... :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Dr. T

WOW, this bike will be the combination of two valuable bikes. I like the Phantom fender on Twin frame alot.

Do you still have the rest of the Phantom?

Skipton said:
ON MY....... :shock: :shock: :mrgreen:

What else in the garage?

You are my hero!.................. Great Bike :!: :!: :!:

seriously how many people have a black phantom to use for parts... :roll: :shock:

The seat is just ziptied to the frame right now couldn't find the Elgin seat clamp at the time. I m collecting parts to build some cool classic bikes. I had a phantom box, a twin bar box, a dx box and one full of odds and ends.
I do have a complete X53, but not going to steal any parts for this build.

Myself I love how the two classic bikes are melting together so well. I have to figure out how to fit some other parts on that I want to use...... The schwinn horn tank and the Elgin rack with the pod.

I wanna see this done already! Any updated pictures?

OK I have bad news about this bike......... It got trumped. I finally got all the last parts that I was looking and waiting for to restore the Elgin twin bar. So I needed the frame for that. All the black phantom parts had to go back into there boxes and stored back into the garage. The frame got sand blasted and primed. BTW it wasn't original paint. The only thing left of this bike is the sweet memory and these pictures on this site. I am posting the restore project on the CABE ....."twin bar restore project"

I would enter that bike into this build off but it's not a rat rod, it's a classic restore.

deorman said:
Well by all means post it somewhere on RRB! 8)
well said deorman! this sites not all about rust and big tires. most of us love seeing a rare model bike brought back to life! :D at least share your resto with us too.

What ever happened with this frame? Did you finish it?

Latest posts

Back