The Typhoon

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Theres no more thread its so long that the thread is past the bearing race
b

Yeh I just ran into that same problem. But I don't see the need to change the fork out. They are very similar.

!!!-UPDATE-!!!

Well today i got alot of work done on my rrbbo bike, i changed tires, changed crank and chainring, pedals and fixed goosneck. I need to adjust the fender bracket because where it is now when its bolted down the tire rubs, heres some pictures of what i did today...

Well i got the stock forks back on and changed my fender.
Heres the picture of my sprocket and pedal arms 2 gether, i had 2 put shorter ones so they wont smack the ground when im turning and pedaling

DSCF0421.jpg

Ta'da its inthe bike now

DSCF0422.jpg

Heres a hole i drilled in the fender to mount it right...

DSCF0423.jpg

Annnnnnnd heres an IDEA Of what she will look like, need 2 adjust fenders still but i came it, it was only 7 degrees out and i was out there from around 3:10 till 6:45, yeah i was freezing..

DSCF0426.jpg

Heres my little asistant im teaching him the basics of working on a bike, His name is devin and hes 9..

DSCF0420.jpg

Anddd thats it for today.

Yeah, i cant work in the house no room.. Note all the ice on my garage floor, the ppl next door raised there ground up when they put down some dirt, now every time it rains our garage/backyard fills with water. Makes me mad.

Thank you buckaroo and hooch, its so darn cold outside

The bikes looking REAL good! Very classic RatRoddy looking. I love that rear tire on the bike. Kinda reminds me of the old Pickup trucks that use to run around with big snowtires on the back!

Thanks chain, i like the look 2 i need to fix the fenders, im gonna get some new apes also.... I also have a "suprise" thing for the chaingaurd...
Yeah And steve, haha, that impalla was the 1st car i drove i was 9 years old my mom let me drive it up north, She dont trust me no more, I hope i get that car when i get my licence, im gonna get it repainted and the dents pulled, get it reuhpolsterd, fix the tie rods (their bad) fix the mail seal it leaks, and beef up the motor and put some flowmasters on it.. And maybe some american racing salt flat rims.. i think thats what there called. Yeah i love that car <3 haha

nice bike there ricky it is going to ride interesting with the thin slick front tire and the knobby rear though. can you say "she's pushing wide in turn one!!!" :lol:

Haha, yeah karfer, ill be sliding in the corners, i love finding gravel on the street and ill slide the bike out from under me and like do a 180.. Yeah i think it will ride okay. I hope. Yea dad is good at aggrevating me.. He dont mean to but he does, i wanna build it my way he wants to build it his way.

I'm Finished!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So fellas, looks like ive finished my build.. Ive had a load of fun doing this DD Your idea was brilliant! ill post the pic after i polish it this weekend, its so cold my chrome polish is frozen!!! Yeah i built this bike in 3 days in like Freezing and below freezing weather Im a dedicated ratter, Heres the pics.

So this is what i started from... I built it last year but i didnt like the way it looked so i redid it. I think im gonna get the frame powdercoated this summer...
DSCF0317.jpg

Heres what she looks like now and a pic of the grips and Handpainted badge yes i did it! haha.
DSCF0436.jpg

DSCF0434.jpg

Lol, like my spacer i used 2 get my wheel inline? its a mesuring stick to mesure fish to make sure there legal length.
DSCF0437.jpg

Here is the Finished product (for the time being)

DSCF0441.jpg

Oh and heres my test pilot Devin, I let him take it for the first ride :)
DSCF0438.jpg

DSCF0440.jpg

Well There she is, now im gonna go post it in the Finished Forum.....

Thanks For all the comments.

Thanks alot kev, i think she looks alot gooder too.. I dont like the gap in front of the back tire between the fender and tire, How should i fix it?

I,m not sure how yours mounts..
but you may try a Rubber Bushing/Washer( in black ) as a spacer.

It will have a bit of "Give" from the bouncing around because it's rubber.
It's about the size of a Dime and as thick as 4 dimes stacked..
Plumbing section..hardware store..
but again..I can't see how it mounts!

Haha you like that? i didnt have no 26 inch mounting brackets so i mounted it on the little tab behind the kickstand and the little cross support thing, ill take pics, it does look pretty cool. Haha i kinda looks like its floating there

Very cool Ricky....love the apes.

Also very cool that you let your "test pilot" have the first ride.

Nice work. :wink:

Latest posts

Back