The Westergard; with before pics....

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
OK, I am going to participate in this build off (using my one change of bike waiver).

I have acquired a JC Higgins, I believe it's a Flightliner from around 1960. It's a cantilever frame, with a double top bar, and those cool pointy dropouts.

The reason I'm going to call it the Westergard, is that I'm using Harry Westergard (one of the original custom car builders from the '40s-early '50s) as inspiration. His cars were generally pretty subtle; you knew something was different, but it was hard to tell what it was. If you parked a stock vehicle next to one, however, the changes were striking. Like I said, it's an inspiration; I doubt I'll be able to achieve the kind of success he did, but I'm gonna try.

higginsb1.jpg

higginsb2.jpg

higginsb3.jpg

As you can understand, my main goal on this bike is simply not to screw up what is already a cool bike to start with. Wish me luck.

looks like a good start alan but you better get your butt in gear dude!!! theres only 20 days left in the build off!!

Easy E

elvis51 said:
looks like a good start alan but you better get your butt in gear dude!!! theres only 20 days left in the build off!!

Easy E

My deadline's the 22nd; I want to ride it to the Rumblejetts show.

Latest posts

Back