The World's Slowest Indian

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW!!!!!!
You need a before pic with those finished pics!
Wicked props and respect headed your way!!!

Hey thanks everyone for the nice comments, lovin this bike at the moment, ask and you shall receive condensed build pic's.........

p4271577.jpg
p4271587.jpg

p6041830.jpg
p5111609.jpg

p8312568.jpg
p9242618.jpg

p8086257.jpg
p8086295.jpg

Just a question on shifting gears, do you stop pedaling and shift or keep pedaling and shift? Which is the better method to get the best life out
of the hub? She is a three speed Sturmy Archer with back pedal brakes.

I always feel for a cadence and pressure that shifts nice and quiet and smooth, well, thats my goal anyway, whether it is a der. or internal. Ive also found that keeping my spin up and downshifting sooner really has helped avoid that nasty shift when working a hill.

Sweet sweet build, just love it. I find that my new (1974) SA three speed doesn't like to shift unless I slack off the power, I can still pedal, just not hard.

Taken off the fenders and handle bars as I want to get the lights wired and operating, chucked on some different bars and
she's a boardtracker! Rides okay like this, bit hard to pedal but corners better!
p9056358.jpg
p9056359.jpg

p9056366.jpg
p9056372.jpg

Found a cheapy indian badge fitted to the top of the shifter.
p9056371.jpg
p9056370.jpg

Thanks folks, gcrank1 nah, not putting an engine on her probably should
but want to keep her as a pushie.

jackdaw, the shifter is an off the shelf Sturmy Archer 3 speed, all I did was
take the black sleeve off and fitted a knob off a Toyota 4wd shifter on to
the top, the badge is a pin badge that is forced onto the rubber knob, three
pins so it holds on real good. I live pretty isolated so all most of my bits are
scrounged from here and there, my wife hates the junk I bring home.

I have a saying, " if you throw it out you will need it tomorrow".

Did a bit of wiring last night should get some pictures of her with the lights
working pretty soon if all goes to plan.

That bike is just a work of art!!!!

Pretty much finished this unit now, do have a couple of things I want to do, are they ever finished?
Rear carrier on and lights working, used two 4.5volt LED torches, bit frustrating they wouldn't wire
in series only in parallel for some reason, so took advantage of this a switch for each light so now
I can have front or rear only or both.

p9076387.jpg
p9076432.jpg

LEDs are the way to go nice and bright.
p9076382.jpg
p9076426.jpg

Nice but windy today, you can see the island flag flying over my bike.
p9076389.jpg
p9076393.jpg

p9076395.jpg
p9076397.jpg

Inspirational! I can't believe you turned those parts into that beautiful Indian! BTW, Did you paint the Indian logo, or is it a decal?

Latest posts

Back