The World's Slowest Indian

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mmcdaniel69 said:
Inspirational! I can't believe you turned those parts into that beautiful Indian! BTW, Did you paint the Indian logo, or is it a decal?

Hand painted, blew up a copy of the Indian script on a photocopier then cut it out, drew it onto
the tank, hand painted the gold then black pen out line with sealer over the top.

Thanks for all the kind comments, she has been a labour of love and hopefully a suitable tribute
to the two master fabricators I mentioned in my first post, Burt Munro and John Britten, hopefully
they are looking down from that great highway in the sky with a smile on their faces!

Been riding the thing a lot, getting a few scratches on her, goes great and a real neck bender!

Ride em don't hide em!

mmcdaniel69 said:
Inspirational! I can't believe you turned those parts into that beautiful Indian! BTW, Did you paint the Indian logo, or is it a decal?

Found these pic's showing how I did the Indian logos, firstly printed off
the text from the net, then photocopied to the size I wanted, cut out
male logo and used it to trace on to the fake tank. Then painted in the
gold, black pen around it then sealed, bit fiddly but looks good so much
so I've been asked if they are stickers!

p6175827.jpg
p6175817.jpg

p6175819.jpg

So I always had the intention of doing an Indian logo on the reverse side of the fake tank on this bike, so finally got around to gettin it done! So how did I get there, first copied an Indian logo then blew it up to the right size, started with a black permanent marker drawing around the outline.
x2ouit.jpg

Next cut out the black sections of the copy to get the outline accurate.
slsms8.jpg

In goes the red/orange on the face and the white on the feathers.
1zwhytv.jpg

Tan for the lower parts of the feathers some red/orange flecks on the feathers, put in the black text, all done. The process was pretty fiddly but worth it, had to put on three coats of white and two of the tan to get a good cover. Sealed up with a gloss coat then refitted, the whole process turned out okay, really pops when on the bike!
15s7kg7.jpg

Last edited:
Re: The World's Slowest Indian, some bling!

Added some bling to the old girl, got some new fancy duck bill fenders and found a period style replica horn and this cool fender light, plan to convert all the lights to 12 volts so will have lights and horn soon.
10drz88.jpg
15qqb6g.jpg

Been lovin Mplscoasters trips around his corner of the planet so I thought I would take you for a bit of a tour of my little corner of the world. Lord Howe Island in the south-west corner of the Pacific Ocean was discovered by Henry Lidgbird Ball the skipper of HM Ship Supply on the 17/02/1788. The two mountains in the back ground Mt Gower (2850 ft) and to the left Mount Lidgbird (2550 ft). I've climbed Gower about 30 times, takes around 8 hours up and back. For many years the export of Kentia palms (as an indoor decorative plant ) was the biggest industry these days tourism is the island's main industry which employs most including my wife, myself and our kids in the holidays.
rm5j7r.jpg
k50g7k.jpg

So this is where the bulk of this bike originated, the local waste management facility, skips are loaded with scrap metal and other recyclable waste which goes out by ship to the mainland, after I have pirated as many bikes bits as I can get! 90% of the island's waste is either recycled or reused, the white bags are filled with finely crushed glass which is used along with imported gravel for road base, yep one for the road is one for the road!
2yzlsuf.jpg
30sjzf7.jpg

The island's runway is short 3000ft so only 36 seater aircraft and the cows don't mind the planes. Takes around 1 hour 40mins to fly the 420 miles from Sydney to the island.
n3m892.jpg
352pyk7.jpg

The island is probably most famous for a flightless endemic bird, the Woodhen, which was saved from extinction, in 1978 there where around 30 left, after knocking back preditors and a rebreeding program there are now over 300. To this day one of the rarest creatures in the world, you can buy souvenir Woodhens as a keepsake, pic the real one?
154yr8k.jpg
2m7i1br.jpg

There are more bikes than any other vehicles on the island low speed limit 25klms but helmets must be worn. My wife and both my kids went to the local school, one of the oldest Central Schools in New South Wales, also one of the only schools in the state where bare feet is part of the school uniform! Boarding on the mainland for secondary school.
2sadndl.jpg
eoind.jpg

Our War Memorial, 9 men of the total population 110 went to WW I, 24 men of a total population of 160, 2 men also went to Vietnam. Two men died in WW I and 3 in WW II, to this day funerals are sad events as they are in all small communities. The machine gun is a WW I Maxim captured in the muddy trenches of France.
14nl4xy.jpg
2eqdlxh.jpg

The oldest sea worthy vessel on the island The "Albatross" built in 1936, in 2013 turned 77 years old and still used.
4qsqs7.jpg
20uzecy.jpg

All these pic's were taken at the southern end of the island today 29/3/13 around midday, a beautiful day out in the Pacific Ocean, will get some pic's of the north end soon hopefully.
rm5j7r.jpg
2wdufkm.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry this is so late, but not only is the bike amazing, but the island too!! I'd love to live somewhere like that, but those helmet laws are lame.

Sometimes loose my motivation with my builds so jump across to something else
to keep my mind happy, added lights and a working horn to my old fav.
2a7ddnm.jpg
kt9jd.jpg

34gwlzc.jpg
2rwnqww.jpg

33m8jmp.jpg
30m367l.jpg

Fitted the horn button next to the shifter and that is the battery box up under the seat.
2nizpd2.jpg
313g8s2.jpg

Also scored this super cool big seat really comfy!
n2y97t.jpg

Refurbing my slowest Indian some what, fenders, headlight surround and chain
guard all repainted red, was never happy with the chrome fenders too blingy!
2n0kh78.jpg

saytli.jpg

While the fenders and head light off fitted my boardtracker handle bars, the world's
slowest boardtracker on a sunny day out in the Tasman Sea!
wv8t8p.jpg

301itz4.jpg

66w8jo.jpg

Latest posts

Back