Thrift store find

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dad and I saw this bike sitting in front on an area thrift store the other day while on the way to dinner. He went back to check it out, called me to see what I thought about it and it sounded like a good deal so today we went down and picked it up. What I found when we got there is a new looking 2004 Nirve Switchblade that was donated to a youth center a few years back and was brought to the thrift/secondhand store and sold to them for Christmas money.
001rg5.jpg

002hc0.jpg

If there is anyone out there who knows Nirve, I've never seen a plate like this before. I'm not sure what year the Switchblade went into production but I thought it was 2005. I pulled up the article from BRNK about it but it's not dated http://bikerodnkustom3.homestead.com/aaronb_3.html. Anyway, I'm thinking this is an early one. Check out the build #.
003gg1.jpg

And the best part was the price...$200 :D ...Kelly
006zp7.jpg

cman said:
cool find. When you remove the price tag also remove that reflector.
LOL, yeah this bike was built "safe" but also why I think it has barley been ridden. Reflectors have always been the first thing that comes off of my bikes since my BMX days in the 80s...Kelly

That was a major FIND. Do you still have it? How has it held up?

I just picked up a 2010 Cannibal. Having fun looking back at other Cannibals and Switchblades to see what's possible on these beautiful beasts.

Latest posts

Back