Thrown Together DONE!!!!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Pics coming soon , but basically going for a patina boardtrack style bike. I really wanted to go with a prewar frame but decided to use an unknown vintage Chicago Schwinn cruiser frame that I've had for about 20 years and haven't touched. Heck, I don't even think I'll paint it. The name comes from the plan of throwing this bike together with as many parts as I can from my stash.

va2uhade.jpg
Here is the frame I will be using.

bupu7y6a.jpg
e6y8e9em.jpg
yta7ahyg.jpg
urarahej.jpg

The seat, which I'm going to recover, came from Kingfish 254. The truss rods came from Slacker. The brick red tires are coming off my Cosmic Flyer and onto this build. Not sure what wheels I'm using though. Not sure about the bars either.

You are showing off your stash! Nice collection!
Off to a great start, watching you go!

Finally got back in the garage. Going to use this rear wheel.
avepesed.jpg

Here it is after a little clean up of the silver spray paint.
nemu8uqe.jpg

Going to run these pedals, which are patina'd but have never been on a bike. I opened them from the plastic wrap all rusty and gave them a vinegar bath.
umumana2.jpg

udupyny3.jpg

And I found a seatpost so I threw the seat on. Might change it for a lucky 7.
ugu9yqys.jpg

Nice! You say you're gonna recover the seat but it'd look cool with the old cover removed and just leave the rust patina on the bare pan ;)
Totally agree, but those thin pan ones also look awesome redone, really they are an awesome seat, wish I could find one over here in Australia.

Luke.

Totally agree, but those thin pan ones also look awesome redone, really they are an awesome seat, wish I could find one over here in Australia.

Luke.
I agree , but I've got an idea for the seat, which may get done this weekend. I think my idea will totally fit the look I'm going for. :)

Worked in my seat today. It's a double pan seat from a Columbia 3 star I bought from Kingfish 254.
gy4avera.jpg

Took it apart first.
y4e4y4u9.jpg

Cleaned a little rust off the top pan.
mequqahu.jpg

My foam padding wasn't big enough to cover in one piece, so I cut both pieces at an angle so they would kind of overlap but have a smooth transition, and glued them on.
pu7aza3u.jpg

e3a3apah.jpg

bytasame.jpg

Then, I covered it in burlap for my top cover.
ve6uqapu.jpg

9y2emede.jpg

Put it back together and threw it in my bike.
6evu3yty.jpg

6y6a4ehe.jpg

Also threw around a couple of ideas for forks.
yda3y5er.jpg

3e5a5asa.jpg

And I just noticed that you could make out some of the original lettering on the frame.
e6u3yny6.jpg

That's all for now!

Cool work on that seat. Glad it worked out for you.

Latest posts

Back