"TimeTwister"My Build-Off #7 Bike .

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my build-off 7 bike The Time Twister. The idea was to build a kind of Time machine/Steam Punk bicycle.

It started out like this as a CraigsList find for 40.00

Gounghog501.jpg

It is a 1981 Schwinn Cruiser 5...I am pretty excited because it is my first Schwinn EVER!...
And this is how it came out.

IMG-20120804-03159.jpg

In the next few days I'll post some more pics of some of the little details and how they came about

Awesome. Where did you get the ideas for the style of headlight and other brass pieces?

wheelbender6 said:
Awesome. Where did you get the ideas for the style of headlight and other brass pieces?

I really didn't have much of a plan, so I started looking around in thrift stores for inspiration...stuff that might look like it fit the idea. I found some gooseneck desk lamps and thought that the shade from one would make a cool housing. In the same thrift store I found a decorative basket thing that was shaped like a pumkin, and as soon I had decided on the lamp shade/housing I knew I wanted to do an industrial inspired light guard. The pumkin thingy looked like it would fit so I bought it. It really just kind of fell into place after that.
A lot of it came from limited resources and VERY limited tools to work with etc...I don't have a workshop or tools to fabricate stuff (my workshop is my kitchen, dining room, and front porch.) So I had to work with what I could piece together from stuff I found.

thrifty20buys.jpg

Latest posts

Back