Tips n Trix

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stumbled an this neat little DIY tool for rust removal in the nooks and crannies. I've encountered end-brush setups before, but they were never this small and versatile. Now, there's finally a use for all those keyless cable locks I find cut off at the co-op!

Nice. Park tool once again inventing a tool I didn't know I needed
1709955647792.png

And I am thinking about a large rectangular oven tray to use on the work bench. It'd be great for cleaning/working on parts and the raised edges mean that things would stay in place for once. Also could stick the magnetic parts bowl on it to keep everything in place...

Lol they started a Tips thread at another forum...
Old protein shaker bottle, quarter filled with degreaser, chuck your wheel/headset/bb bearings in there and give it a good old shake for a minute or two. Come out looking brand new! Chuck em on some kitchen towel to dry.

Lol they started a Tips thread at another forum...
Old protein shaker bottle, quarter filled with degreaser, chuck your wheel/headset/bb bearings in there and give it a good old shake for a minute or two. Come out looking brand new! Chuck em on some kitchen towel to dry.
This is why we stole my mom’s Tupperware tumblers with those snap-on lids. Coffee cans were too big, and jelly jars got broken.

Our only degreaser was regular gasoline.

And I am thinking about a large rectangular oven tray to use on the work bench. It'd be great for cleaning/working on parts and the raised edges mean that things would stay in place for once. Also could stick the magnetic parts bowl on it to keep everything in place...
I use a muffin tray to help keep the separate smaller parts separated. Sometimes let 'em sit
in a layer of solvent or what have you while they wait.

I've been using these for years. I buy 'em from the Dollar store, though they are a little smaller than the traditional 13x9 inch. I like DGM's muffin pan idea, too!

Thread identifier, male and female thread sizer for metric and SAE. This one is for popular sizes. You can get them with double the amount of sizes.
Yeah yeah, that's all right for thread sizing I'm sure, but I went to a rock and roll show last night. You bought that for fashion, that is what the kids are wearing as jewelry

If you all are ever at St. Augustine Florida, there is an old general store attraction in front of the Old Jail attraction. The general store has many drive shaft bikes hanging on display.

Latest posts

Back