Tire not settling right

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First time for me anyway.
Changed the tyre but it didn´t settle round, ti´s uneven. Rim is good and round but the tire bounces while driving...
What´s the easy fix?

I've had luck either letting 70% of the air out and messaging the bead (if it's a tight fit) then air it back up

Or inflate the heck out of it and wait to hear the "pop" of the bead seating

Or if it's a loose fit, just be mindful of the evenness as you inflate. You can usually see some indicator line around the tire and make sure it's uniform. Good luck!

I've had luck either letting 70% of the air out and messaging the bead (if it's a tight fit) then air it back up

Or inflate the heck out of it and wait to hear the "pop" of the bead seating

Or if it's a loose fit, just be mindful of the evenness as you inflate. You can usually see some indicator line around the tire and make sure it's uniform. Good luck!
This has worked for me too. Some tires are a real pain to get set right.

I have had to send Schwalbes back for having iregular sidewalls take them back to where you bought them .
Also you should put soapy water on them when installing

I've had cheap tires that needed a lot of adjusting (at very low pressure) to get them evenly spaced on the rim, but for a Schwalbe tire, it needs to be taken back to the store for a replacement or full refund. If it's a bike shop, take the whole wheel with you to show them.

I use Schwalbe Marathon series tires in 27"x 1 1/4" and 700c x 32mm and 40mm sizes. I have noticed the wobbles in the tires. My 40mm tires wobble the most. However the Marathons are absolute Ironmen when it comes to riding huge mileage with no flats. The biggest problem I've had with Marathons is the failure of the sidewalls in the bead area on my rear tires after a couple of years of service. I have yet to wear any rear tires out. They start splitting on the sidewalls first. I use the soapy water trick if the the tire is really not seating properly. That almost always does the trick.

Latest posts

Back