Tires for worksman wheels

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
So I put a set of 2.3" kenda Krad tires on these worksman aluminum wheels and they look funky. They look small. On other wheels these same tires look huge. Anyone find a tire that looks good on these moped wheels? This is a street/beach cruiser, strandie if you want to call it that.

Last edited:
IMG_4657.JPG

They look good to me . They look tough with the 12 gauge spokes . But the rims seem a little wide as the lip sticks out past the tire. A narrower wheel would be better for trail riding though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My 2.35 Fat Franks look pretty 'balloon-ey' on Worksman rims. This is a Nexus 3 speed alloy rear with a steel front laced to a 'knock-out' hub wheelset I got from ind-chuckz. I added a coat of satin black rattle can paint to make them 'match'.
a454903bdfef6691404a4961d2cb9078.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
How old are those Franks, Tank? The newest ones are slimmer than the older ones... yours look great.
They look good to me . They look tough with the 12 gauge spokes . But the rims seem a little wide as the lip sticks out past the tire. A narrower wheel would be better for trail riding though.

I agree they look good as-is; wider rims spread the tire flat. I think it looks rad. FWIW, those wheels are laced up with 11g spokes....

I've been wondering if 26x3 tires would fit the same rims, then if the wheelset will fit the worksman frame/fork.

The 2.3's look cool though.

Latest posts

Back