Top 5 dream motorbikes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You like going fast, huh?
Started racing MX in 86 at 12 yrs old. Raced that and bmx throughout my teens as well as a few stand in stints at the flat track. Then raced some hare scrambles and enduros before moving on to road racing. Raced vintage on up to 1000cc superbike. Most of my time running lightweight or middleweight gp around the Midwest. Took a short break for some pwc and then back to road racing before transitioning to supermoto in it's heyday

Yep, I like speed

5) 2021?+ EBR (Erik Buell Racing) SX1190. I've been on the verge of owning a Buell several times. Everytime I am about ready to pull the trigger, some massive change happens that obsoletes them for me. Well, EBR is back... without Erik Buell... maybe this will be the magic formula that keeps Buell in business! 185hp...a tad over 400lbs...

67395_1422221644890_1857150_n.jpg

Me and Erik about 10 years ago

...it was also my race bike for a few years as well in a racing series that must not have long outlasted my participation, because I can find no reference to it (AMA Thundertwin Series; mostly Sportys and Ducatis)

:rockout:

I'd forgot about the Britten's...very cool bikes. Reminded me of another limited motorcycle from south of the equator...Lucky Keizer and his 5.0L V-twin Merlin 'prototype' bikes ..
merlinvtwin2.jpg

...there was another guy in that same era that was building V-twins using two cylinders/heads from a radial aircraft engine...also around 300ci, but more compact than the Merlin V-twin above.

Also, I have a vague memory of a Scandinavian outfit that was building 300hp bikes, completely modern (for the time) and big big bucks. I think they were turbo's... essentially the equivalent of a Veryon as a 90s sport bike.

Cool pic with Erik :thumbsup:... I've read some articles on his new electric motorcycle company, Fuell, and all that dark hair has gone grey since...that motorcycle game has taken it's toll :grin:.

Last edited:
I'd forgot about the Britten's...very cool bikes. Reminded me of another limited motorcycle from south of the equator...Lucky Keizer and his 5.0L V-twin Merlin 'prototype' bikes ..
View attachment 152872
...there was another guy in that same era that was building V-twins using two cylinders/heads from a radial aircraft engine...also around 300ci, but more compact than the Merlin V-twin above.

Also, I have a vague memory of a Scandinavian outfit that was building 300hp bikes, completely modern (for the time) and big big bucks. I think they were turbo's... essentially the equivalent of a Veryon as a 90s sport bike.

Cool pic with Erik :thumbsup:... I've read some articles on his new electric motorcycle company, Full, and all that dark hair has gone grey since...that motorcycle game has taken it's toll :grin:.
Drysdale V8?

Drysdale Superbike.jpg

Norton Nemesis?

unnamed.jpg

:praise:...I hadn't heard of either of those before...just...wow!

The one I'm remembering, I think it was an inline four with a bunch of boost. They claimed claimed a top speed well over 200mph...cost over 100k in the late 80s/early 90s. The pic I remember-ish was a blue bike. I can't find it...but, no telling how accurate my memory is 30 years after reading a couple magazine articles about it.

Latest posts

Back