"Tortoise" -Less Words More Pics- *pic heavy*

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flying Zombie

~:Undead Forever:~
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So you all remember my Otasco [yes it was called the "Flying-0 Otasco Zombie", thus my name..] it was really what I've been calling my "foot in the door" bike, here.
1452240_719076671517353_9196432333037095642_n_zpsee26272b.jpg

well... I changed a few things recently. Id consider it enough to call it a "Build" at this point with the number
of Modifications and additions since its purchase on the day the photo above was taken. It was our first ride.
Following are some of the mods, naturally I had to try some stuff out before I changed it and changed it again.. [Im keepin my Name anyway :rockout:]

The License [A motorbike license to boot. More for the sake It felt like a Salem bike, and the colors worked well.]
rearmountedlicense_zps9b23b9e1.jpg

New Headlight
NewHeader_zps04a4581f.jpg

driversidewithremovedguard_zps6f3e07f7.jpg

10882270_10205575453175345_8376730811045614532_n_zps0bd4eef0.jpg

With things moving around and finding a few things as I cleaned up for this winter..
I felt the Otasco needed a good clean style to match.. With pages passing as quickly as they do here,
and As avid as I am about details with alteration. [with the tools allotted] I move some stuff, and hope you like how she sits Mostly like she is now..
[Haven't had the time to take her out for day shots of her alterations, so its in pieces..ENJOY!]

Remember the paint thread? [I began taking some of that rattlecan off!]
Beneathethepaint_zps5cee3370.jpg

Im leaving parts of where the welds are in black rattlecan for that..
Fresh "Blacksmith" touch. Look at that surviving paint! [Getting to the wire in the corner shortly..]
naturalframe_zpsdaee43cb.jpg

I found a Mock Oilcan to do the trick. Good Ol' Folgers. It doubles as a glove compartment.
[where I put a turtle I found in the street so he wouldn't get crushed, thus the title of the bike..turtle got a good home soon after]
The photo also shows I completely negated the purpose of a bobbed fender and dropped it all the way back.
[the patina looks Gorgeous]..Also removed the seat cover, visible below. [It didnt stay that way long.. rookie mistake]
oilcan_zpsc564be29.jpg

Dropped the License to the drive side rear wheel spokes.
Sissyhanglow_zps399e53c0.jpg

A better shot of the seat pans' tailbone crushing Beauty.
[Had to tie a bandana around a rag around the sissy to save my back!..not much difference.. Like I said..the pan didn't stay a pan long.]
I almost had it sitting ON the fender if it weren't for the sissy bars nearly dragging as it was~
Oil-CoffeecanSidemountedlicensePanseatandfadedpaint_zps2db49e19.jpg

fenderbackpanseatoilcan_zps1d182a9f.jpg

Side mounted the Headlight to the ride side front wheel. [Did I mention this ISNT L.E.D.?]
Headlight_zps624a3ccd.jpg

wheelmountedrightsideheadlight_zps3c0a7369.jpg

Remember the Beer opener on the License when it was on the Butt?..I found a neat spot for it since..
forthebrewski_zpsa44d8798.jpg

Took this idea straight from RRB.
SpikedChainwheel_zps5d4d8d90.jpg

Thebadge_zpse08c8c33.jpg

Thanks for viewing!

FZ

I never connected with you again about that Murray tank I've got. Are you still interested?
I was thinking about that, as I posted the alterations up. I'm still interested, I'm just having a hard tie saving for accessories. D:

FZ

I was thinking about that, as I posted the alterations up. I'm still interested, I'm just having a hard tie saving for accessories. D:

FZ

We'll have to take some measurements, as I'm not sure if the tank was on a 24" or 26", or if there's even a difference.

We'll have to take some measurements, as I'm not sure if the tank was on a 24" or 26", or if there's even a difference.
I don't think there is, I'm pretty sure the tubing was equal for both, of the same maker. Best to check, I reckon.

FZ

My rear Hub started giving hard drag recently,..
Its a MARK IV Hub, and I dont have the tools to maintain it, according to the still locked up Hub.

Is Anyone local available to help me for 15 minutes and open the Hub to clean the bearings up?

FZ

Latest posts

Back