TOUR de FAT 2010- Make your plans now.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Here is the schedule for 2010

06/26/2010 Chicago, Illinois Palmer Square Park
07/03/2010 Milwaukee, Wisconsin Humboldt Park
07/10/2010 Minneapolis, Minnesota Loring Park
07/31/2010 Seattle, Washington Gasworks Park
08/14/2010 Portland, Oregon Waterfront Park
08/21/2010 Boise, Idaho Anne Morrison Park
09/04/2010 Fort Collins, Colorado Mothership!!!
09/11/2010 Denver, Colorado City Park
09/25/2010 San Francisco, California Lindley Meadows in Golden Gate Park
10/02/2010 San Diego, California Balboa Park
10/09/2010 Tempe, Arizona Tempe Town Park
10/23/2010 Los Angeles, California L.A. Historic Park
10/30/2010 Austin, Texas Fiesta Gardens

Been to Fort Collins TDF twice, and we will be going back again, and again, Im sure. Something about riding in a bike parade with 10,000 people on all kinds of bikes, wearing all kinds of costumes was super fun. And Fort CollIns is a cool town to ride around.

Last year there was 7 of us from the Coasters BC that made the trip, hope to get alot more out there this year.
And our own RRB member Jon was the slow race Champion.

We started our TDF weekend fun by going to Boulder on Thursday so we can ride with the Boulder Cruisers, in costume of course, if you can find out where they start, or just join them when they cruise thru downtown Boulder.

Then its off to Fort Collins on Friday mourning. Check in to the motel early afternoon, jump on the bikes and ride to the New Belguim Brewery for a late afternoon tour of the brewery, make some new friends. go to dinner, and cruise downtown FC.

Then Saturday its off to the brewery early to get signed in and watch the 10,000 crazy costumed people on bikes roll in for the start of the parade. After the parade back to the park by the brewery, to consume a few beers, listen to some tunes, watch the show, and the people, maybe ride some contraptions bikes, drink another beer maybe, probably. When TDF is over its back to the motel to freshen up, then back on the bike to go downtown, for more eating, drinking, and riding.

Sunday is a late check out, and start back home.

Maybe this year we can leave on Wednesday and go to Denver and ride in the Wednesday night Denver cruise. Just 4 1/2 months to wait. Better start planning soon.

Its good times and cool bikes & people at TDF.

maddogrider said:
Ah at the risk of sounding stupid. What is the TOUR de Fat? I have a bike and im pretty thirsty.

fat tire / new belgium brewery put on a festival of sorts for bicycle people and whoever else wants to show up ... ive never been to one though, maybe this years the year !!!

I'd like to try to attend one in a different state each year but the work schedule may not allow it so we'll see. We've been to Ft Collins, Tempe and Portland so far. All have been an awesome time!. Here's our videos to give you an idea what it's like...
http://www.youtube.com/user/yoyaker#p/c ... 4A7870A52E

Randy, are'nt you ready to retire soon..... :shock: and CCR how about chicago or is texas closer! you better show this year you skipped peddlers swap meet!
ive been to 12 Tour De Fat's and thank you Dan for reminding me i'm slow :lol: i would like to do chicago this time and texas. fort collins will always be the staple Tour.
long way away till fort collins, we should get a list of people who can make it from RRB's and meet up there.... just a thought. :wink:

Sinner4 said:
What should I bring Clancy???
$$$$$ so you can buy me a beer. :wink:

aka_locojoe said:
Thanks for posting that Cman. Been forgetting to check. Now which one to attend...?
Come do the Hiawatha or Weiser River Trail then swing down to Boise. Friday afternoon the Bogus Bomb Run then TdF on Sat.

jon said:
Randy, are'nt you ready to retire soon..... :shock:
Yes this could be the year but it would be after the TDFs. Also I've been peaking under my mattress and I'm just not sure I've got enough stashed away. I always said when I retire I was going to work for New Belgium just to get their bike. Now I've got one and don't need to.

cman said:
Come do the Hiawatha or Weiser River Trail then swing down to Boise. Friday afternoon the Bogus Bomb Run then TdF on Sat.
That would be great. You never know.

jon said:
... and CCR how about chicago or is texas closer! you better show this year you skipped peddlers swap meet!:

chicago = 4-5 hour drive
austin = 8-9 hour drive

man do i wish theyd add one in st louis

CCR said:
jon said:
... and CCR how about chicago or is texas closer! you better show this year you skipped peddlers swap meet!:

chicago = 4-5 hour drive
austin = 8-9 hour drive

man do i wish theyd add one in st louis
We've driven 3 days to attend one! It's that much fun! :roll:
I think they did have one in St Louis once. Jon would know.
I would kinda like to see Chicago. I think they have a path that runs along the lake.

they had 2 in St. louis. the 2nd one was around a 110 heat index... ugly but fun!

I have been to four of them, Tempe 3 times and San Diego 1. IMHO, Tempe TDF has outgrown itself. While the bike ride/parade is still great it is mostly a day of standing in huge lines. This year I may just do the parade and then go on a pub peddle instead. The San Diego TDF was the best. San Diego is like Mecca to Phonecians. It was the first TDF there last year and it wasnt crowded at all.I expect it to be much bigger this year but I will still make the pilgrimage over. 8)

Boise is this weekend. I was just at the final planning meeting at the Boise Bike Project. It is going to be fun with great weather. I will be volunteering with the BBP. BBP runs the bike valet, water stations and some games. The rep said this is one of the top 3 for them. He also said they will be adding 2 new dates next year in the Southeast.

Latest posts

Back