Traditional HOTRODS 2nd Rockin' Jalopy's Motorama (Holland)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
27_autotron_2010.jpg

We had a blast at the 2nd Rockin' Jalopy's Motorama at the Autotron in Holland. Some of the best and/or coolest hotrods and customs the Benelux(Belgium/Netherlands/Luxembourg) has to offer. But I did also spot some Brits and Germans. The turnout was great. Lot's of visitors. Some even came all the way driving there roadsters through miserable Euro/dutch weather... The Hotrodshow is just a small part of the bigger annual vintage-oldtimer swapmeet.

I was again invited to exhibit some of my art, and so I did. Along with Ger Peters, Ruben, Incastienen, KestoGraphics, en Perry.
Too bad we didn't had the dramatic lighting like we had last year so my pics are kind of disappointing compaired to last years..
(viewtopic.php?f=11&t=21898&st=0&sk=t&sd=a#p220119)
So I'm glad I could borrow a few from friends.

69_autotron_2010.jpg

^ Me and my friends in front of and behind my artworks.

30_autotron_2010.jpg

31_autotron_2010.jpg

^ Some of my merchandise (paper modelkit, t-shirt's, keychains, patches, buttons, etc.)

32_autotron_2010.jpg

^ My businesscookies where an instant hit!

73_autotron_2010.jpg

tikisafari_final_1b.jpg

^ Tikisafari - Commisioned painting I did for RRB-member Hewey.

33_autotron_2010.jpg

42_autotron_2010.jpg

^ left: Striping by Incastienen, and the 'Non tatooed lady'-painting is by me ^

40_autotron_2010.jpg

^ Art by Incastienen

36_autotron_2010.jpg

^Incastienen and Ruben Ooms at work

37_autotron_2010.jpg

38_autotron_2010.jpg

^ Ruben working on his girlfriend's surfboard that was beautifully airbrushed by Sarina herself

35_autotron_2010.jpg

39_autotron_2010.jpg

^ Besides some stripework Ruben is master in drawing in Photoshop

34_autotron_2010.jpg

^ Ger Peters' awesome nostalgic renderings and some of Ruben's

28_autotron_2010.jpg

^ Ger Peter's stall

29_autotron_2010.jpg

41_autotron_2010.jpg

^ KestoGraphics

43_autotron_2010.jpg

44_autotron_2010.jpg

^ Bumpercar paints, stripes, and art by Perry

Re: Traditional HOTRODS Rockin' Jalopy's Motorama (Holland)

But there were also some cool cars...

1_autotron_2010.jpg

2_autotron_2010.jpg

55_autotron_2010.jpg

^ Last pic by rachel and eddie. And here are some more they took:

68_autotron_2010.jpg

^ Funky original, vintage and very valuable Model-A hoodornament that almost got stolen...

65_autotron_2010.jpg

66_autotron_2010.jpg

67_autotron_2010.jpg

Check out Rachel's website for some real cool upholstery-art!
http://www.rachelsarah.n

yes oh yes! looks like you guys throw some great shows! so whats the story on that monkey? that is so Cooool. what did somebody snatch it then get caught red handed with it?

22_autotron_2010.jpg

24_autotron_2010.jpg

53_autotron_2010.jpg

^ pic by Ger

25_autotron_2010.jpg

26_autotron_2010.jpg

54_autotron_2010.jpg

^ pic by Ger

61_autotron_2010.jpg

^ pic by Ger

62_autotron_2010.jpg

^ pic by Ger. Next to lot's of 'regular oldtimers, there were quite a few hotrods and customs on the huge parkinglot. Domestic and foreign...

59_autotron_2010.jpg

64_autotron_2010.jpg

63_autotron_2010.jpg

^ pics by Ger

48_autotron_2010.jpg

^ pic by Ger. View at the balcony in the other hall with the oldtimer swapmeet, but these pic(s) don't do justice to the massiveness of the event. And there are some more rooms filled with vintage goodies, toys, books, etc...

47_autotron_2010.jpg

^ pic by Ger. Fun little demonstrationcar...

49_autotron_2010.jpg

^ pic by Ger. Organizer Henry van Uden bought himself a new project Model T body. Rusty, but very solid...

50_autotron_2010.jpg

^ pic by Ger. Kingsize Playboys played some real cool Rockabilly/Western Swing-set. Also playing were the Eightball Boppers, The Stacycats, And a band I always forget the name of... The rockabilly at the afterparty was brought by the Kingsize Trio.

71_autotron_2010.jpg

^ pic by Kirsten (one of the more acceptable...) Me trying to look like the intellectual artist. Can't pull it off without the glasses however...

thesuicideride said:
yes oh yes! looks like you guys throw some great shows! so whats the story on that monkey? that is so Cooool. what did somebody snatch it then get caught red handed with it?

The Monkey is a vintage aftermarket ascessorie designed for the Model A. That's the info I got on it... The organizer told me this about it. The owner of the Model A is always carefull about that particular part on the model A because of its vallue. He asked the organizer if it would be nessecary to take it of for the night. He was told it wasn't, so he tightened the it, just to be sure. Early next morning there already were a lot of people browsing through the Hotrod hall and he noticed the monkey sat crooked on the radiator shell. Loose but it wouldn't come off quickly enough... The Hotrod-hall wasn't open for public so it must have been one of the participating members of the event. Probably one of the vintage swapmeetguys who knew of it's vallue...

Added my art I finished just in time for the exhibition. Commisioned by RRB Member Hewey. It was a X-mas gift for his girlfriend, so I couldn't post it earlier... (check this thread. It 's placed among the rest of my artworks ;-)

Details of the artwork in the artgallery:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8001&start=150#p338971

Latest posts

Back