• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to RatRodBikes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Trek Multitrack 700 or 720

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have an idea where I might find a frame for a Trek Multitrack 700 or 720, 20" unisex (not the men's version)? I've been thinking of building up a 700c step through bike, and would prefer a Trek frame if I can find one.

The womens frame versions probably accounted for <1% of the steel Multitracks. I've had dozens of men's frames come through our local coop but never had a ladies version. I scored one years ago which I will keep for my wife when she needs the step through feature. I have/had several Multitracks. 700, 720, 730, 750. The higher the number, the better the bike. More cromo in the frame and lighter components. I have a 730 I ride to lunch every day. It's a great bike. I always upgrade the shifters from gripshift to rapid fire. IMO, the 3x7 is the best shifting and best behaved of all the shimano gear trains. I was told the 700s were mostly imports to the USA, the higher end models were made in the USA. Of course that depends on the model year. Trek did make changes over the many years they sold them. The earlier models with the lugs sure don't ride as nice as the later all tig welded versions. About 20 years ago Trek switched to all aluminum frames and changed the numbers to 4 digits (7xxx) then added the 7.x FX series. Nice bikes but the ride isn't as good. They say Steel is Real for a reason. Any we get at the local coop sell very quickly. If you can find a 7xx ladies, get it quick. The 7xxx aluminum models in lades are far more available. Many of those have shock forks, tilt stems, shock seat posts. Overall all that extra junk more than makes up for the weight savings of the aluminum frame.

A bit of a long drive for me, lol.
Colorado is rather nice this time of year...
20210615_163227.jpg

Latest posts

Back