Trek Singletrack 950

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked this one up last year to use as a parts donor for another bike

I ended up going with other parts for the other bike. So I brought the Trek to my summer house as an Easter holiday project, so I can have something decent to ride up there.

Almost done. I plan on replacing the cockpit with a shorter stem and riser bars to make it more of a holiday cruiser, and to make it better suited for my sister to ride - She's 6-7" shorter than I am, so the reach is far too long for her, as is. I'll also add a front rack for groceries, so we won't have to start the car every time we're short on beers or milk for the coffee.

I really like your BMX stem cruiser handlebar conversion. Brings the bar closer to you. Cruiser bars can be had with quite a bit of rise if needed. This makes for a bulletproof handlebar setup, not that the MTB setup was inadequate or anything. Just a personal preference. I have two bikes set up for dirt/gravel road riding and both have the BMX stem, cruiser handlebar, setup. Very comfortable and solid.

Pretty cool bike. Nice color and the tires match it really well.
How is it geared? Is it a modern drive train or did you just remove the additional chain rings from the original triple crankset and the front derailer?
I forgot to reply to this post. But better late than never, right?
It's 1x7 with a 32t chainring. I just took off the 42t (which was worn out), the granny (which I didn't need), and the front derailleur.
I only use this bike for grocery runs, and relaxing joyrides around the area. So I don't need the speed that a larger chainring affords. I do, however, need a low gear to get up the 10%+ hill from the local port. If not for that I would have single-speeded it to get even more of a BMX cruiser vibe.

Latest posts

Back