TRICEP

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was gonna pass this time around, but this ratty old trike on Craigslist caught my eye. Faded yellow and lots of rust. 3-speed SA hub. 24" wheels all around, so I ordered a 1.75 front and two 2.125 rear tires. It already has high riser bars, so I'll meet the 2 of 3 rule. What else could I name a three-wheeled muscle bike? It had to be TRICEP. Not sure which way I'll go with this.
20211124_115645.jpg
20211124_115749.jpg
20211124_115801.jpg
20211124_115907.jpg

I came home to an old trike in my garage! Brakes shot and rusty looking. I had plans to tear it apart and use the rear triangle for something. Then I found out it's there for me to fix! And probably for free. One of my wife's friend's uses it for business. It's had no brakes for about a year.

Last edited:
If the brakes were not working for a year, then clearly they were excess baggage - and performance can be improved while overall rust level reduced through the simple process of their removal.

I try to do these kind of jobs for an exchange of goods, such as eggs in my case. If I didn't people here would start expecting free fixes.

I just picked up one of these trikes in Blue. Got it to haul firewood around the property. 😀. Interested to see what you do with this.

A cool old rusty bike is an allure a few of us just can't pass up. Looking forward to seeing what you do with this my friend! I already like your fatter tire selection. Maybe a wooden flat bed in the back ? You know me and wood on bikes! :grin:

And this line ..."What else could I name a three-wheeled muscle bike? It had to be TRICEP."...had me rolling! :21:

RaT oN~!

Narrow the rear, a lot, all the way to the yellow box or more if you still have room for sprocket. Blocky slicks on the rear, Will be unique and not take up a giant garage space.

A cool old rusty bike is an allure a few of us just can't pass up. Looking forward to seeing what you do with this my friend! I already like your fatter tire selection. Maybe a wooden flat bed in the back ? You know me and wood on bikes! :grin:

And this line ..."What else could I name a three-wheeled muscle bike? It had to be TRICEP."...had me rolling! :21:

RaT oN~!
Thanks, OJ.

Latest posts

Back