TRICEP

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh yeah . . . the motorcycle handlebars look just right. I'm starting to love this little trike.
20211212_150317.jpg

And a big '10-4" on that wood bed! Dig it!

I decided my engineered wood scraps weren't quite right, so I went off to the local thrift shop in search of a wooden cutting board, or anything I could adapt to suit my purpose. I had no luck there, so I went next door to Ace Hardware and found a nicely grained 8' strip of molding that could fit the bill.
20211216_164729.jpg

Nice work on the wood bed, SD! I like the spacing between the wood slats, gives it a lighter and 'more streamlined look', which I believe is part of your intention. What did you use for the metal trim on the front and rear? Great finishing touch.

Muscle Bike Build oN~!

Nice work on the wood bed, SD! I like the spacing between the wood slats, gives it a lighter and 'more streamlined look', which I believe is part of your intention. What did you use for the metal trim on the front and rear? Great finishing touch.

Muscle Bike Build oN~!
Thanks, Lee. I don't know where the aluminum trim came from, but I knew I could use it some day.

So, what's wrong with this picture? I gave the deck a light stain and it's fastened tightly to to frame.
20211216_171357.jpg
I mean, it looks nice, neat, trimmed and finished, right? WRONG! There is something MAJOR wrong with the Tricep structurally. Wanna take a guess? I'll tell you in a few days.

The springer didn't seem to raise the bike much at all, but BINGO!, you're right about the missing piece And there was quite a bit of lateral sway, so I had to address that before it led to a catastrophe. Of course, putting back the seat support led to having to use the original seat, which led to remounting the controller bag, which meant not being able to use my vintage reflector!
The missing link, which I painted black:
20211218_125220.jpg

Nice recovery on the physics / geometry problem, Steve! The new bag mounting works for me, the wood bed was retained, and you did a sweet job 'ratting out' the original seat. Have you taken a spin on The Loop in Tucson yet? Passed any roadies and left them dry as a Sonoran dust devil?

I can't wait to hit the Loop with this trike, but it will have to wait until after the holidays. I'm considering a few final touches: serape seat cover? lights? reflectors? bell?

Well, I haven't come up with anything clever, but I dipped into my accessory bins, and
20220101_124030.jpg
20220101_124100.jpg
I found some decals I thought would enhance the battery case- BUT they would not adhere to the matte finished plastic.

Latest posts

Back