Tucker's Spaceliner Done , Done?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Tucker's Spaceliner Build ( New tail lights)

socratesjpt said:
They actually light up now !!!!!
1308032717.jpg

I had to solder a piece of wire to the negative and drill out the bolt so two wires can fit down the shaft and I switched out the 6 aa battery pack for a 9 volt it fits better I don't know all the calculations converting a 12 volt system but it works. for how long who knows
god bless the dollar store !!!

Light set-up is cool! I might have to steal your battery & switch set-up idea. Mind if I ask what you used for the battery holder & switch??? :?: I don't have much room under my rack because it is so low.

Great build so far, you are way ahead of me. If you couldn't tell I'm kind of partial to spaceliners!
8)

Re: Tucker's Spaceliner Build ( New tail lights)

pick said:
socratesjpt said:
They actually light up now !!!!!
1308032717.jpg

I had to solder a piece of wire to the negative and drill out the bolt so two wires can fit down the shaft and I switched out the 6 aa battery pack for a 9 volt it fits better I don't know all the calculations converting a 12 volt system but it works. for how long who knows
god bless the dollar store !!!

Light set-up is cool! I might have to steal your battery & switch set-up idea. Mind if I ask what you used for the battery holder & switch??? :?: I don't have much room under my rack because it is so low.

Great build so far, you are way ahead of me. If you couldn't tell I'm kind of partial to spaceliners!
8)
i will be going with a 2 9 volts and some velcro tape for the batery , and I just drilled out the existing hole on the rack for the switch. You can get the 9 volt batery connectors and switch a frys electronics for cheao

Re: Tucker's Spaceliner Build (time for tires)

I got both rims painted now and I was thinking of going with cream colored Fat Franks , what do you think?
1308062437.jpg

Re: Tucker's Spaceliner Build ( waiting for parts)

Waiting for parts , check out my Homemade sandblasting cabinet and next years build off frame
1308801938.jpg

Re: Tucker's Spaceliner Build ( waiting for parts)

Fireproof said:
socratesjpt said:
... check out my Homemade sandblasting cabinet ...
That's very cool! :)
I can't tell from the pic . . . are there gloves built in?
I have some upper arm high glove's for it that are not attached to the box

Re: Tucker's Spaceliner Build (new head light !!!)

Were you so blinded by the light that you hit the submit button twice? :D

Looking good man.

Re: Tucker's Spaceliner Build "KRUZ3R MOB" , in the house

socratesjpt said:
It needs something ?????????

P6090553.jpg

P6090555.jpg

P6090556.jpg
gold brings to mind jewelry and that brings to mind bling! like chains. visually the center of the bike could use your creativity to tie it all together, perhaps bling the chain and sprockets.

I think these would make this bike ((PoP)) ! dark brick red grand tycoons.
The rich color of these tires would really bring out the {((Shine))} in the rest of the parts!
grandtycoon26inchtire.jpg

Very glamorous!

Peatbog said:
That is really cool. The chrome, red and gold look great together.

You might look at the Electra cream colored tires. The Fat Franks have really big logos on them that might take away from the style.

Electra:
41tF-ATuFSL._AA300_.jpg

Schwalbe:
61S3v6PwINL._AA300_.jpg
I actually was going back and forth with these two tires, I liked the fat franks better , I was thinking of trying to remove the logo , if I couldn't live with it.

imagearchy said:
I think these would make this bike ((PoP)) ! dark brick red grand tycoons.
The rich color of these tires would really bring out the {((Shine))} in the rest of the parts!
grandtycoon26inchtire.jpg

Very glamorous!
I think the beauty of these tires would get lost in the metal speck red paint

Lookin' good :p

Personally, I like the cream color tires. I think they would pop with the rims. Just my .02 worth, but what do I know? Lookin good so far! 8)

Re: Tucker's Spaceliner Build "KRUZ3R MOB" , in the house

clamdigger said:
socratesjpt said:
It needs something ?????????

P6090553.jpg

P6090555.jpg

P6090556.jpg
gold brings to mind jewelry and that brings to mind bling! like chains. visually the center of the bike could use your creativity to tie it all together, perhaps bling the chain and sprockets.
I have a chain guard that I might put on there , maybe I can do something with that

Hey Socratesjpt,

Are you still considering tire color?

Here is my $.02 (actual value).

Since you have the beautiful red metal flake rims and the metallic (gold) fenders, I though I'd share a favorite rim/tire/finder combo
RedWhiteBlackSilver.jpg

(this is not my bike unfortunately)
For me, this combo works.

Of course it's about personal taste and desired look so it's just a suggestion you could consider.

I'm not sure why I'm helping the Spaceliner competition :lol: but I really like the way you've built this bike.

Good Luck

MplsCoaster said:
Hey Socratesjpt,

Are you still considering tire color?

Here is my $.02 (actual value).

Since you have the beautiful red metal flake rims and the metallic (gold) fenders, I though I'd share a favorite rim/tire/finder combo
RedWhiteBlackSilver.jpg

(this is not my bike unfortunately)
For me, this combo works.

Of course it's about personal taste and desired look so it's just a suggestion you could consider.

I'm not sure why I'm helping the Spaceliner competition :lol: but I really like the way you've built this bike.
I have the schalbe's coming in today we will see how they look, I think some aircraft paint remover will take off the logo, if not ill put them on my schwinn and put the whitewalls on there

Good Luck

Re: Tucker's Spaceliner Build (Tires here !!!)

Got my tires today ,
1309323252.jpg

I looks like shwalbe changed their over powering logo to something I could live with
1309323287.jpg

1309324525.jpg

Latest posts

Back