#TWENTY2...slideshow/ video added watch all the way!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: #22...0fficial build thread!

Hey, you can't go throwing down gang signs here. We don't want a turf war starting between the Jets and the Sharks!!!!

kingfish254 said:
Hey, you can't go throwing down gang signs here. We don't want a turf war starting between the Jets and the Sharks!!!!
Ha! Its all about PEACE in Sactown KF! :wink:

Ron, I actually met up with the ride at the Capitol. I decided to take my bike out after all. It was a good ride, but I didn't see you.. Easy to get lost in that group though!

#22...0fficial build thread!

Got some great pics and inspiration today...plus a lot of positive feedback. Def need tonpowdercoat the bars or get some that are already black, lol. The small amount of use they got last night and today scratched them here and there...

RonK said:
62d018bc-5288-497d.jpg

She's a rider. And in respect to the BB07, I took 7 ibuprofens before, during, and after riding tonight!!!

Kidding, mostly.

Looks to have about the same riding position as my build last year........you look like you have longer legs than me though.......ouch!!

bean said:
RonK said:
62d018bc-5288-497d.jpg

She's a rider. And in respect to the BB07, I took 7 ibuprofens before, during, and after riding tonight!!!

Kidding, mostly.

Looks to have about the same riding position as my build last year........you look like you have longer legs than me though.......ouch!!
yeah bean, she's low...but the gear ratio is to where it's pretty easy and fast to ride. I rebuilt the front hub, and the rear is brand new...so SUPER smooth is in order. I'm going to have to re think the seat...my butt is STILL sore!

Okay guys...need some saddle suggestions...Crit and Devon, both of you've seen 22 in person. While the sprung "vintage" bmx looks sick, let's just say my posterior doesn't give two shakes at how cool it looks...

Been looking at some Brooks saddles, but I'm not that familiar with the different models. I don't want a HUGE seat, but I do need something more comfy than whats on her currently.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

I never know with seats until I try them out wit da butt.

RonK said:
You look gigantic on that bike, and you are like a foot shorter than me! :shock:

Regardless, it's a great looking bike! You've actually got my creative juices flowing. I've been thinking about something to do with my Moon... but I kind of don't want to break the Moon down, so maybe I'll be on the hunt for a cheap Felt (Is there such a thing?) to get me started.

I've had a growth spurt since we last saw one another during Fleet Week, Chief. That bike is HUGE, don't let the pic fool ya!

Well, I'm off for vacation...Aptos, here we come! I'm sure I will do some yard sale-ing and antique shopping whilst we are down there..

And BTW...started the templates for my "tank"....should prove to be pretty interesting...

The seat is WAY LOW..but I'm and average sized dude, so I pretty much fit onto just about everything!!

What are the chances of getting this as our order number while on vacation?
a6890827-c7ef-b401.jpg

Did you "borrow" it to put on your build?

Makes me think of the Tesla (local Sacramento boys, BTW) song, "Signs"...

62d018bc-de68-3f73.jpg

Got back from nearly 2 weeks of vacation at the beach, and picked up where I left off...having a stare down with my bike. So far, I think the bike is winning.

I DID start mocking up my "tank". I have a couple of ideas up my sleeve for this one...
62d018bc-8dd2-7d74.jpg

62d018bc-8de7-b0a6.jpg

And I've always been told that when you need some inspiration, you should always try going to church... So I went to garner some inspiration from the amazing Rev. E Smith, the original "22"

62d018bc-8e5e-ddae.jpg

Re: #22...back from vacation, so back to work!

I like the scale of that tank mockup. It actually gives me an idea for a future build.

#22...back from vacation, so back to work!

Well played, sir...well played!

Latest posts

Back