Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

Ulu

Stinky Old Fish
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted a taller frame for all my 700c bike gear, and yesterday I bought this TALL Centurion Accordo frame. I also got the crank arms and 2 elliptical front sprockets and a sweet old rear derailleur.

This frame was advertised as 54 cm but I’ll bet it’s 59. I haven’t measured it yet. Look at the length of the steering stem.
E8BB0E59-8B1E-4EA1-9C6A-68DE0336705C.jpeg

Bars, grips, levers, bottom bearings, crankshaft, and gooseneck came from the new Huffy I bought, & the seat post &. clamp is from the fake Schwinn.

This is gonna get the wheels, pedals, tourist bars and long gooseneck from the Manhattan bike.
6BBCE0FE-520D-44D5-9FB8-3B9C3C083984.jpeg

I will lose the enormous outside pchain ring, and just run the inner, 42t, which is very elliptical & should prove entertaining.

I don’t have the right calipers for this bike. So far it has no brakes.

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted a taller frame for all my 700c bike gear, and yesterday I bought this TALL Centurion Accordo frame. I also got the crank arms and 2 elliptical front sprockets and a sweet old rear derailleur.

This frame was advertised as 54 cm but I’ll bet it’s 59. I haven’t measured it yet. Look at the length of the steering stem.
View attachment 193729
Bars, grips, levers, bottom bearings, crankshaft, and gooseneck came from the new Huffy I bought, & the seat post &. clamp is from the fake Schwinn.

This is gonna get the wheels, pedals, tourist bars and long gooseneck from the Manhattan bike.
View attachment 193731

I will lose the enormous outside pchain ring, and just run the inner, 42t, which is very elliptical & should prove entertaining.

I don’t have the right calipers for this bike. So far it has no brakes.
I've got a massive centurion frame too, forks are a bit bent but nice frame though

Ulu

Stinky Old Fish
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry. I’m not a native metric speaker. I miss-typed 54.

I measured it with a bilingual tape and it is clearly a 64.

Then I went and measured the set up on the 44cm Manhattan bike and I have it set at (Astonishingly!) 64cm.
image.jpg
That’s a 30cm post and it is a little over the line.

Ulu

Stinky Old Fish
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried to put that centurion bike together and I ended up taking it apart again because I needed the parts for my other bikes.

For now it’s just hanging in my shed looking lonely.

I need to find a nice old bike with a bent frame and some Campy gear on it. Or a Suntour. Or anything but a Shimano. I’m getting burned out on the Shimanos.

Tallbikeman

RRB Supporter
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you reach a certain height, 6'4" and above then only the monsters of the past will fit you. I ride 66cm, 67cm and a 69cm size frames. All fit me better than anything smaller. Buying a used 10 speed to outfit your Centurion might be the cheapest way to go.

Ulu

Stinky Old Fish
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had some idea of outfitting this bike with my spare 26” gear, and just riding it around for the experience, but it really is taller than I would ever want to ride on a daily basis (Without building an actual tallbike.)

I really bought this because the tubes are really long. I always intended to cut it up for material to build other bikes.

Every time I look at those long seat stays I keep thinking “cro-mo girder fork”.