update 7/13/09: 63 hawthorne cruiser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
so it has been a good month or so since i've been able to get much progress done with the 63ish hawthorne cruiser i'm building up for the build-off and for my wife.
IMG_0784.jpg

the beginnings for a cruiser for my wife, given to me by the maintnence man where i work, just at hte time i was looking for a bike to build for my wife.
IMG_0782.jpg

what i think to be a 63ish hawthorne cruiser, perfect for the build-off, but it will need alot of work.

IMG_0887.jpg

the frame after total deconstruction and sanding. so much better with 40 some odd years of ageing taken off.

IMG_0894.jpg

the original wheels with new whitewall tires, so it will ROLLFAST, and repainted rims with rebuilt hubs. think this will look great with the fenders i pulled off my 93 westport to replace the oem ones.

IMG_0898.jpg

time for "primetime", or primertime at least. this base off primer white will go with the metalic silver my wife picked out for the color. she also wants an anodized metailic purple for the trim, and possibly later, color keyed wheels.

well, till later, when i get the color on. thanks for looking. :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back