Upload Video's easier

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The upload videos can take up to 51200KB files.

There is now a new Upload Video button down beside the Attach Files button.

Are there any other requirements for video uploads? I have a MP4 video from my phone that is only 36.9MB. It is HD (720x1280).
I can upload it fine to facebook, but when I upload it to RRB, I get the following error "The uploaded file was not a video as expected"

1658764257685.png

How do you upload video? Tried a 33.8mb file from iPhone, site says it’s too large.

The Pro Member benefits says unlimited attachment space…what’s the issue?

Uploaded the video files to Facebook no problem.

F701B472-9530-4B66-B018-F6AF207AF21A.png

Last edited:
MP4 video upload test
This only worked for one of my MP4 videos. I don't know what massaging I had to do to the video settings to make it work. All of my other ones get the same "The uploaded file was not a video as expected" error

Last edited:
Recorded video clips using “Video” function in Camera mode on iPhone 13. 36 or so MB files wouldn’t load from phone using “Upload Video” button. What’s the button do?
@Cyclist???

Last edited:
Anyone out there???

Try converting it from .mov format into something else and it'll probably upload just fine

Why and how?

Because I can't guarantee you that the software is currently configured for .mov uploads. It might be a simple toggle by the admins or it may not. Just throwing out ideas

https://cloudconvert.com/mov-converter
How about making RatRodbikes.com user friendly. This whole thread was about making uploading video easier with the new “Upload Video” button.
Instead of just blowing people off and telling them to use some app or another web service provide some customer support. We aren’t all IT experts.
Not seeing old school admin support.

How about making RatRodbikes.com user friendly. This whole thread was about making uploading video easier with the new “Upload Video” button.
Instead of just blowing people off and telling them to use some app or another web service provide some customer support. We aren’t all IT experts.
Not seeing old school admin support.
First of all I'm not blowing you off or I wouldn't have answered you at all. I'm just trying to help you and offer you some advice. I don't own this site and I don't control what content they do and do not allow. We as moderators don't have any control over what formats they do and don't allow. If it doesn't allow .mov that's not my choice. I'm just trying to give you some (what I thought was) helpful advice if you really want to upload your video. Until Angie gets back and can answer these questions I don't know what else to tell you

Compared to many other forums that are out there on the internet this particular format has probably some of the easiest video uploading capability I have seen. And I have been on some very large forums. So as far as this thread being about making it easier yes I believe that spot on I don't think there's anything misleading about that.

I'm not an admin..........so 🤷‍♂️

DrTankenstein has been able to use the upload video button with 39.6MB MOV video files from an iPhone.
Quite a few people have been trying to offer help in multiple ways (myself included in my own way).

1661827274046.png

FYI this .mov issue is not localized to just us. While Apple products and iPhones may be widely used, possibly the most prolific, softwares are not agnostic to accept all formats or do some magic conversion. If somebody wants to come up with one you'll probably make a nice chunk of $ 😂

Mp3 and Mp4 are still the most common and thus updates focus on those. Many forums running an older update might not take a .mov in raw form, it needs to be processed or formatted in something like iMovie. Also it might not take it if you are trying to pull it over from cloud storage. Direct uploads only. Even then it may only be visible to native devices (i.e only apple devices may be able to watch your uploads) all other non native will just get sound most likely.

.Mov itself isn't actually a supported format officially on html5 video. While it will work on Safari, it won't on most others

Passing along from a webmaster on another forum. YMMV

FYI this .mov issue is not localized to just us. While Apple products and iPhones may be widely used, possibly the most prolific, softwares are not agnostic to accept all formats or do some magic conversion. If somebody wants to come up with one you'll probably make a nice chunk of $ 😂

Mp3 and Mp4 are still the most common and thus updates focus on those. Many forums running an older update might not take a .mov in raw form, it needs to be processed or formatted in something like iMovie. Also it might not take it if you are trying to pull it over from cloud storage. Direct uploads only. Even then it may only be visible to native devices (i.e only apple devices may be able to watch your uploads) all other non native will just get sound most likely.

.Mov itself isn't actually a supported format officially on html5 video. While it will work on Safari, it won't on most others

Passing along from a webmaster on another forum. YMMV
That seems to where we’re at as a couple of other users have commented on getting a white screen and sound. With that in mind I don’t see the purpose of the Upload Video button. I do appreciate finally hearing a description of why things may not be working.
I’m just a bicycle hobbyist and tinkerer, certainly not IT knowledgeable. I’ve used YouTube before but reluctantly. I used Photo Bucket and had my photos hijacked, still getting ransom requests. The Upload Video button looked like a good smooth option.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back