US MAIL 1950 cycle truck

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sweet score!

Thats is a serious beauty:rolleyes:

Wow! Great find! Congratulations!

I agree on the lettering too, that would be cool to have the original gold letters redone.

Been working on getting this bike for a while now, but finally made the deal today. Looks like she's mostly original aside from the seat, pedals, and grips. Needs some TLC, but i don't think it will take much too make her a rider.

Even after just a few months on these forums, I've been spoiled by all of the awesome bikes here, but this is really one of the coolest things I've seen ... definitely one to treasure.

Well, to answer Hopheads question, i had to shell out $300 for the bike. It is more than i would have liked to pay, but i've wanted one of these for a long time, and don't have the opportunity to buy one every day.

First thing i did was tear it apart to get everything serviceable on the bike. The bolt holding the goose neck on was so rusted it snapped off & it took me a while to get the wedge out of the forks. The goose neck was bent & i heated it up with a torch and straightened it out while i had it off.

Then the skiptooth chain got a wire wheel treatment, and lubed & freed up all the links. I got the bike all back together with bearings cleaned & greased, and it rides great! I do need a kickstand clip for the front fender if anyone knows where to find one, or a good way to make one?

Latest posts

Back