v 4.0

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OCD

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all:

We have a craft brewery a few blocks from our house where I often take one of my ebikes to pick up my evenings' beverage and when I arrive the owner often says "I see you're riding my bike again". A couple of months ago he came out to check my electric bike and after a short tour was asking if he could try it. I dropped it to the lowest power setting and off he went. Of course he came back with that silly grin most of us ebikers seem to have and immediately offered to buy it. "you can buy the next one" I replied.

Here's where I'm at now, updates soon...

Thanks guys:

Working on a set of covered drop outs for the rear wheel at the moment and the snap in covers for the fork/shock holes arrived this week too.

Here's yesterday's work, not quite finished and in need of some covers. Alot of things would go quicker with a milling machine instead of an angle grinder and dremel... :doh:

Here's yesterday's work, not quite finished and in need of some covers. Alot of things would go quicker with a milling machine instead of an angle grinder and dremel... :doh:

That is some nice work!

Luke.

That fork is legit! I want to go electric bad but there is something about a 2 smoker that puts a smile on my face, that and I have no clue where to start

Thanks Dash:
I've been playing with electrics for a number of years, I'll be happy to advise you if you're interested. An electric kit can be installed in about an hour. The bad news is all the money is up front and then costs virtually nothing to operate for years after.

I genuinely hate motorised bikes.
But.
This has some serious coolness, stance is perfect and the fork is awesome

I like it so far

I genuinely hate motorised bikes.
:39: I see you've never commuted to work on a 100lb bicycle before. But seriously, my e-builds are basically 3000 - 5000 watt fly-weight electric motorcycles, the pedals make it appear legal. This bike will be speed limited to approximately 54km/h (+30mph) by having a 48 volt 30ah battery although the controller is rated for 84 volts, the no pedal range will be about 60km. I'm already collecting parts for the next one which will have 60 volts 40ah and run motorcycle tires/rims front and rear, more on that later. I've just picked up materials for the battery/controller and seat mounts. Fruttolo you may want to avert your gaze for the next part....

:39: I see you've never commuted to work on a 100lb bicycle before. But seriously, my e-builds are basically 3000 - 5000 watt fly-weight electric motorcycles, the pedals make it appear legal. This bike will be speed limited to approximately 54km/h (+30mph) by having a 48 volt 30ah battery although the controller is rated for 84 volts, the no pedal range will be about 60km. I'm already collecting parts for the next one which will have 60 volts 40ah and run motorcycle tires/rims front and rear, more on that later. I've just picked up materials for the battery/controller and seat mounts. Fruttolo you may want to avert your gaze for the next part....

You see right, I usually commute on my motorcycle or my car when long distance, or my longboard for short distance rides.
I've rode an electric mtb once and it was impressive on full power, but if I have to ride something motorised I still prefer a motorcycle ;)

I don't understand the last sentence too much but does it look like you are offended? I wans't meaning to offend you, I said I like it :) if so I apologise.

That being told, I will keep following this because you know, good builds are good builds regardless of what's being built

Sorry Fruttolo, my bad... Must be my British sense of humour. I meant enjoy the build but turn a blind eye to the electric bits which I'll be focusing on soon as the seat spring supports are done. :tmi:

Latest posts

Back