Veloraptor

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It probably won't ever get shifted once she has the gear she wants, even though it has seven. I see that a lot with bikes, never shifted. We ride on flat roads so the shift cable will wind up frozen in place after awhile even though it's got lube. I could have just put a 16 tooth freewheel on, but the chain alignment works better with a derailleur.
shifter.JPG

A closer look at the front, I really like the looks of the wheel and I have another 24" frame with 26" fork I could do the same thing with. It is another old unused discarded frame from the scrapyard.
hd spokes.JPG

Veloraptor 2, only leaning more toward klunker. I threw some parts on and only need a rear wheel and gears. That's on the back burner though.
veloraptor 2.JPG

Upgrades to the bike. She liked the BMX bars and it makes room for the big basket. And over here, every mode of transport has a nickname. This bike is now Purple Puppy.

Puppy.JPG

I upgraded a deluxe bike bag and made it a cooler bag which reinforced the thing so it's rigid. We could never use it before because it would hit the front wheel. I used heavy cardboard and bubble wrap and lined it with plastic bags. If it doesn't hold up I'll use some thin plywood. Now we're set for rides.
cooler puppy.JPG

Latest posts

Back