Very rough Higgins

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got this pretty rough looking Higgins. Not sure of the year or model, or what I'm going to do with it.
24844d9fe73ac57dd665c4286eb5e02c.jpg
a25693b93619b7c995f8df68f75607dc.jpg
5cf89cc9ef5a47499217025ff43564f0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great Bike! Could be a Jetflow or Colorflow! But, very good bones to build on.

hpim2163-jpg.143083

I believe that some Colorflows had the light mount bracket too.

At this point, it really doesn't make much difference. You could collect the needed parts and build it either way. No one would be the wiser. Both rank right up there as some of the coolest bikes of the 50's!

There's a lot you can do with it. A cruiser with apes, whitewalls, and leopard skin seat or a klunker, street skinny tire cruiser, or put it back to original, you name it. If you stretch out the beehive by reversing the brackets, remember there won't be stops, it'll bottom out and flip you, but it looks good. I found out the hard way.

2ih9q51.jpg

Here's a 56 Jetflow.
56jetflow1-vi-jpg.81671

There's a lot you can do with it. A cruiser with apes, whitewalls, and leopard skin seat or a klunker, street skinny tire cruiser, or put it back to original, you name it. If you stretch out the beehive by reversing the brackets, remember there won't be stops, it'll bottom out and flip you, but it looks good. I found out the hard way.

2ih9q51.jpg

Here's a 56 Jetflow.
56jetflow1-vi-jpg.81671

I love that bare metal look.
I'll figure something good too do with it. Probably depends on how much I'm willing to spend. Thanks for the ideas.

At this point, it really doesn't make much difference. You could collect the needed parts and build it either way. No one would be the wiser. Both rank right up there as some of the coolest bikes of the 50's!

Thanks for the info. I'll figure out something good with it.

Thanks for the info. I'll figure out something good with it.

You are welcome, there are some threads about removing paint, it would be cool to see what is under that spray bomb blue!

Latest posts

Back