VINTAGE BICYCLE PHOTOS

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great pics Mitch! I think I saw you in a few of them! :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

I'm bettin on the T-Bird in this race!
:lol: :lol:
tbird.jpg

one more...

1892 Wichita, Ks
Studio portrait of Marcellus Murdock as a young boy. As a young man, Murdock worked in various positions at the Wichita Eagle, a newspaper founded by his father, Marshall M. Murdock. In 1907 he assumed the position of publisher and eventually bought the rival paper, the Wichita Beacon. His interest in aviation led him to become a pilot in 1929 and to help create the Wichita Municipal airport at that time. He was a booster for Wichita and active in civic affairs throughout his life.

wschm_Murdock,Marcellus-1.jpg

barnbikes said:
Lots of offset in that back rim axle. I like the people looking out the window.

getimage.exe
Oh Yeh! I SEE! Is that how it would have worked? By pushing on the board like a CAM?

Boris said:
barnbikes said:

getimage.exe
Oh Yeh! I SEE! Is that how it would have worked? By pushing on the board like a CAM?
They had one on pickers, I think the brand was a Inco or Ingo, something like that.

Boris said:
barnbikes said:

getimage.exe

In front of old mans feet... They musta poured some out for thier homies.... :D

barnbikes said:

getimage.exe

They have one at a transportation museum up here (Owls Head Transprtation Museum). You actually "bounce" up and down on the bike like a cam to move forward. They let spectators try it out. Very difficult to get into the rhythm.
http://ohtm.org/blg/collections/bicycle ... ingo-bike/

Dr. Tankenstein said:
That last one looks like it could be a Jethro Tull album cover! The old dude is a little creepy, maybe more than a little. I love it, hello new desktop wallpaper! :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Dr. T

Yeah, I think I see "snot running down his nose" and "greasy fingers smearing shabby clothes".

Yo, Aqualung!! Get away from the girl. :mrgreen:

Check out the rear suspension on the backward farthing.

Latest posts

Back