Viridi Aurantiaco

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

Reaction score
Booze is taxed 300% here, so I have an insentive to go traditional!
621na.jpg

Reaction score
It looks like a Marlboro to me.:giggle:

Eerrrrr…. Sometimes I forget that that not everywhere is California.

@hamqqea
I’m still waiting for that below the belt bottoms-up review…
This is a Marlboro.
Marlboro Fuji.jpg
Fuji Marlboro Folding Bikehead.jpg

Fuji Marlboro Folding Bike.jpg

marlboror_miles_catalog.jpg

LocoJoe does nice work.

Left Micargi. Middle Troxel. Right Mesinger.
AM-JKLX__SeNpwNN1mDfOE0fn7JFBVU2m-cF0HParJV8i7B5fWQIx85nEtmCvwfabuIH260FmpDeSifJxM4Zfee1NmDIsGG71vZv120ohC0xMKFjE5l8FaZGLNCHya_YtwwkF-bjdl5gLYxPMmD3L49f1oDX=w1074-h922-no

Dr. says my recovery is going to be uneventful. I asked what does that mean :confused: He replied, eventful = bad. So I was like:)

Keep'em coming Ulu and friends. We need to boost the post count way up. OJ is on page 20 or somethin'.

Ulu

Stinky Old Fish
Pro Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the photographs. They were very revealing.

Unfortunately they didn’t reveal the mystery that I was pondering.

I had a stingray style seat of the non-Schwinn type, but it doesn’t appear to be any of those three.

It looked just like a gold metal flake stingray seat, being molded in a fake pleated fashion. I don’t recall that it had any nameplate riveted onto the backend.

It had 2 pans and studs and tinnerman nuts to hold the two pans together.

My mom bought it at Goldfines department store, by the high bridge, in Duluth Minnesota.

Reaction score
C'mon, you're like the prince of RRB. I'm hoping for meaningful content, you know, make it interesting.

Reaction score
Thank you for the photographs. They were very revealing.

Unfortunately they didn’t reveal the mystery that I was pondering.

I had a stingray style seat of the non-Schwinn type, but it doesn’t appear to be any of those three.

It looked just like a gold metal flake stingray seat, being molded in a fake pleated fashion. I don’t recall that it had any nameplate riveted onto the backend.

It had 2 pans and studs and tinnerman nuts to hold the two pans together.

My mom bought it at Goldfines department store, by the high bridge, in Duluth Minnesota.
be right back, I know it and have it

Ulu

Stinky Old Fish
Pro Member
Reaction score
That is close in construction concept but the shape was Schwinn, like this. Almost exactly my favorite Stingray shape.

The glossy gold plastic was thicker than this, & embossment was much deeper.
A4094A21-3455-4C5F-B580-AD36B2A6B2C6.jpeg
I think the tabs for the seat post clamp were welded to the upper pan and dropped thru slots in the lower pan.

Maybe a Canadian product?

Reaction score
This is another two part seat. The clamp is made of two simple L ⅃ brackets riveted to the bottom pan. I removed the cover long ago. Only picture of it covered I have.
amf Debutante.jpg

A lady I regret letting go:doh:

Ulu

Stinky Old Fish
Pro Member
Reaction score
That looks very close! Also, mine didn’t have any brackets at the rear of the seat. Just two holes with little grommets

By the way, that folding Marlboro bike was quite amazing.

Reaction score
That looks very close! Also, mine didn’t have any brackets at the rear of the seat. Just two holes with little grommets

By the way, that folding Marlboro bike was quite amazing.
Unsure what more info you're looking for. Seams you already have a good understanding of their construction.

Been following the Chimera BMX since last year. I was hooked instantly.

Should be launching in Aug. I signed up.

The frame set with motor weighs less than my prized Flying Wedge frame stripped.
chimeracycle.jpg

Captain Awesome

👑 Lord of Irrelevance
Staff member
Reaction score
Reaction score
Those grips are sweet
Thought so too. I kept passing on the pair but they said please take us...:dontmentionit: They don't separate my fingers which is good for me.
And, I get to finally use these fancy 9/16'' pedals.
916 pedals.jpg

I saw your tank btw, Tank;) Waiting to see those high polished wheels. I dreaded doing my first set. I tried wet sanding with power tools in the bathroom. Looked like a crime scene! Never again. Began sanding by hand listening to tunes. There's not much point going past 1500 grit because they'll pick up hard fine materials which result in light scratches soon after riding anyway.

What a color combo! 👍
Sparkle green against orange is amazing IRL:43:

From what I'm seeing going around, I'm gonna have to make body panels to pull off any sort of upset. Without, it'll just be cool.
I can work pretty quickly. There's time, healing well. I'm constantly getting texts from riders to go out though. I'm like, did you not see my finger wound. I have feelings you know! Oh, there's BBQ later? ok, where you at 🚴‍♂️

Reaction score
oh boy, here we go. 1st ride out text of the day... and busting my chops with the ET finger.
AM-JKLUkH3l6l4kz1feuua2k6vLUT1AZHR29EnSSCaEU7ZkaaNcIMb0lqJXfLzJVROX4UEBFBix5Kg65zbYwP-C7_b7ECto8aLkjaYwW-UrSSx_OUarE-UbujKKn8B0V_sOrVpSW8yt_lzzF3MhnWZWHQb5h=w460-h919-no

Been averaging 40 miles per ride with a broken finger on IGH coaster. Cant pull a brake lever. . . maybe I should put the lever on the left hand side🤔 just occurred to me.

Reaction score
Out most of the day again riding having fun with friends. No work on my BO bike. Didn't have to switch brake levers for my busted finger. I can squeeze well enough without pain now. I managed to fix a little girl's bike from throwing a chain. Got her back on the trail. She was super happy:happy:

Orange bike of the day. The Ultra Werks 💋💋
2018 Ultra Werks.jpg