Viridi Aurantiaco

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

Reaction score
4th of July.jpg

kingfish254

CHECK OUT MY SALE THREAD FOR COOL STUFF!
Pro Member
Reaction score
Reaction score
What.
The.
FORK!!!
(and seatpost clamp)
that is insane. I can't stop looking

Glad to hear you're rolling down the road to recovery
I stared at the pictures for about an hour. There's so much going on. It's a masterpiece!

Thanks folks. I'm recovering remarkably well. Not ready to perform detailed work just yet. The bike will be a head turner for sure.

Found another split Troxel @Ulu with the mount passing through.
Troxel Banana Bicycle Seat 1.jpg

Troxel Banana Bicycle Sea2t .jpg

The last Orange pic of the day in this thread will be mine:cool2:

Oldbikeguy1960

My name is Rob, and I approve this rant.
Reaction score
🤣 manipulating the mouse buttons with the middle and ring fingers sucks!
I was thinking one of these dressing the wound for the first time.
View attachment 198100

I still ride pretty hard for 50+. I try to refrain, but when a youngster goes higher off the coping I gotta go next. This latest injury is a wake-up call to start backing down... I hope. It could've gone much worse. The look of a mother with her kid in the park seeing my finger tip hanging off:eek: Cycling has caused me much pain and bills over the years. Completely lost the skin of my palms not so long ago. Remarkable how fingerprints grow back eh.

Appears we have bit in common. I wrote early netcodes for gaming simulators way back. I've been online since the 90's. I remember using the first BB codes:forum:

Hey @Wildcat, nothing of mine you liked? :p
Thanks to you man that poor kid will be wearing 6" of bubble wrap and an exoskeleton next time he goes to the park on his bike.
That is just to get there, he will not be having any fun on the bike toys once he is there.
Love the finger man, at least it wasn't your signaling finger!
Seriously man, you will come back fine. In 2013 I pretty much lopped off my hand at the wrist and today it is almost like new considering that I am 62 this year.

Attachments

• 20220705_104103.jpg
    20220705_104103.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 6

Oldbikeguy1960

Reaction score
I try
Yeah we got a lot in common. Lots of Sports injuries!
:comando:
I haven’t been in a pool since they tore down the Mogul Bowl here about 1979. I learned to quit while I was ahead.

Now I’m just riding bikes and skating for fitness. I don’t do downhill anymore either.
I try to do downhill whenever possible. At 62, it is much easier than uphill

Oldbikeguy1960

Reaction score
I like your dropout design a lot. My Flying Wedge in the back for comparison has something similar. The Apollo clone towers all other 20'' frames of the type. Those are BMX OS20 wheels in the picture(22''). Friends 6 feet+ compliment the Wedge's roominess. It's very heavy though. I'd definitely want to build a lightweight wedge using the open down tube(rails) from the Apollo in the future.
AM-JKLVWHZOTywuNHGl8R0bZDefvPGeS9rRmi3cUsAGRJhI3qdc0266IbbdGwplWmLRxPKnBJT0-xRrPoNTJB3BhbLZ0Q5LW6nyB_roqMk2wwcchFpZoyXIjXuDjZn8_YTNrad1Q5pf5QClo22XkOvtUf0Za=w1530-h918-no

Already started a hole in the box stay to help straitening the frame quicker. Lighting holes, especially the dimpled type are interesting. They add a level of depth by removing materiel. With the frame on its side I placed coins on the square tubing for a look-see. Holes are the way to go. Regarding materials. I dabble with 3D modeling software. A tank can be printed. I was considering filling the entire sides of the frame, possibly even a woody. Hidden potential everywhere... Haven't past tech stuff to get it rolling properly yet.

People, protect your fingers! Basic & essential activities become near impossible missing an index finger! Detail work will have to wait. I'm a quick healer fortunately.
Tony Iommi from Black Sabbath lost the tips off 2 of his left fingers, index and middle. He is credited to be one of if not the first rock guitarists to tune to e flat to make playing easier. He also wore two thimbles on the fingers to press on the strings.
You can do anything if you are determined enough, and it sounds like you are.
Best of luck man.

Oldbikeguy1960

Reaction score
That's what I am talking about!

kingfish254

Pro Member
Reaction score

kingfish254

Pro Member
Reaction score
View attachment 199202
Interwebs confuse me. Tried searching for meaning of your new title "Viridi Aurantiaco" and got "Virbia Aurantiaca" results instead. It's an orange moth, so I'm sharing. Kinda cute too

It's Latin, I'm not sure what it translates into Canadian as. :D :p :p

1657055057993.png

Reaction score
The bike should be kind of cute, Matti. It is meant to appeal and convey hope to all ages and sexes including myself from various points of views. Green and orange appear throughout nature is many forms. I side with brilliance, delightfulness along with fascination.
There has been shift to become more organic, hence the name change. I am thinking too much in bicycle. The inward significance quote Aristotle was alluding to in my first post is emerging.

kingfish254

Pro Member
Reaction score
That Aristotle quote reminds me of another master. Michaelangelo said that he didn't sculpt things out of stone, he uncovered the things which were already in the stone. He revealed that inner significance of the medium itself, not just the image portrayed.

Just like we try and make bikes reveal their inner rat that has been hiding within.

Reaction score
See, you guys understand.
For me the initial phases are laden with a host of technical hurdles. The end result must be able to perform well enough.
The foundation of my work is predicated on revealing interconnections we have and share with one another. A bike component in and of itself my have little symbolism. Placing and shaping components together in a meaningful way can become a rather emotional affair for me. There is no fitting things together hoping for the best. . . Most of what I accomplish is deliberate. The inward significance of our work shows, that's what matters.
Bikes are like poetry. Words are replaced by objects put together in a dope order.

An issue I'm having in demonstrating my process, is that 2/3rds of the people I appeal to are not present on RRB, women and children. There's too much testosterone around.

Anyhows, I'm going to the orthopedic to have stitches removed tom. Meanwhile, I continue to work and be inspired. Just last night I was admiring the beauty and structure of bird's feathers peering through my scope. Organic textures would be a welcome addition to my build.
There may be absent information in future posts because I'm unsure or incapable of illustrating.

Orange bike pic of the day. Swing with transparent gearbox. Received additional notoriety on YT.
Homemade-Bicycle-Gearbox-Finished-1000x601.jpeg

Homemade-Bicycle-Gearbox-1000x633.jpeg

I wouldn't have chosen to deal with an orange bike if it wasn't for the Apollo.

Reaction score
An issue I'm having in demonstrating my process, is that 2/3rds of the people I appeal to are not present on RRB, women and children. There's too much testosterone around.
You are entirely correct. I'm attempting a more feminine approach to my Build. Also building it for my wife in a so far fruitless attempt to pull her into this thing of ours. I'd love to see more female builders take part. I don't see the kids jumping in, too many barriers in the way, technology being one; they just ain't doing forums like they used to.
Just last night I was admiring the beauty and structure of bird's feathers peering through my scope. Organic textures would be a welcome addition to my build.
Really feeling good about that moth I posted now, you should check out some of that stuff too
12862_2014_Article_229_Fig2_HTML.jpg

Latest posts