vote for Nuttin Fancy fineshed build off 7

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
First build off for me probably not the last. I set out to build a simple no frills bare bones hot rod style daily rider. To my surprise I actually pulled it off this thing has nothing on it but what I need to get around brakes a chain tires an a cool seat nothing else no dodas at all.Here is what I started with an unknown frame manufacturer cantilever style some rusty ape hangers some ratty old tires an a vision of what I wanted.
myrat.jpg

This is what I came up with
080502_171700.jpg

080502_171701.jpg
080502_172501.jpg

080502_173200.jpg

080502_172900.jpg

080502_171901.jpg

080502_172500.jpg

080502_172100.jpg

080502_172300.jpg

Re: Nuttin Fancy fineshed build off 7

big kountry said:
I set out to build a simple no frills bare bones hot rod style daily rider. To my suprise I actualy pulled it off this thing has nothing on it but what I need to get around
for my money those are the best :mrgreen:
looks great!

This at the park next to my house
080502_180100.jpg

080502_180000.jpg

Me fatt fanny testing the dry rot tires
080502_184700.jpg

In front of the old high school
080502_192100.jpg

Re: Nuttin Fancy finished build off 7

Thanks Sensor I actually ordered new tires but they seem to have taken the long way around but I'm glad after today's ride I love my skinny ratty old tires an I've only got 40 bucks in the whole bike
Thanks Peatbog I am very pleased with my first ever build I did the seat cover myself when I first got this bike i rode good but pedaled real hard I thought it was the rear hub so I put another in an it still was hard to pedal when I took the crank apart it was full of rust an dirt now I have a better than new bike I have the bike I wanted

bike2112 said:
Nice and clean build. Looks like a fun rider!
Thanks I was going for stripped not equipped no kickstand,chain guard,or fenders to weigh it down or clutter up things

Nice, I like it! Apes, and nothing else that isn't needed.

Way to go man, ya gotcha tires!!

The color and apes and seat are perfect on this build!!!!!

DIG IT DIG IT DIG IT!!!!

BRAVO!!!!

congRATs!!!!

kingfish254 said:
Way to go man, ya gotcha tires!!

The color and apes and seat are perfect on this build!!!!!

DIG IT DIG IT DIG IT!!!!

BRAVO!!!!

congRATs!!!!
Nope I sure didnt I used what I had in the pile an actually like what I have on it I was going to use a wider tire but when they come in (suposse to be here on wed) I'm going to use them on another bike I've started on worked out perfectly I love how it rides now with the seat so low

Cuan said:
Nice, I like it! Apes, and nothing else that isn't needed.
Thanks those apes where a rusty pitted peice of crud still p;itted but painted to match had a lot of fun with this

simple, straight and to the point! well done!

jerrykr said:
simple, straight and to the point! well done!
Thanks I greatly appreciated the compliments I was inspired by the old school hot rods from back in the day when all you needed was tires brakes an a big motor

Thanks Tin Machine I got stuck for a while couldn't figure out what it neede then I relized it was perfect for me an this is what I got I relized when I was building hot rods less was more so I took everything off an whala problem solved

Skipton said:
Nuttin Fancy..... But just darn cool! :D
Thanks Skipton I like the Hoped up huffy you built sometimes the less we do the more of a statement they make

raggedjim said:
Nice bike, the seat came out great! Rg
thanks Raggedjim I'm glad I did it an didn't just buy one it was a learning experience

I got about 10 miles on Nuttin Fancy so far an she just justs better
her she is in front of the farmers market
080502_171300.jpg

an you have to go through the park
080502_165900.jpg

Latest posts

Back