VOTE HERE!!!!!! - BUILD OFF #5

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PLEASE SELECT YOUR TOP THREE BIKES

• 01. "1940 Columbia" by Rudy Rude

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • 02. "57 Speed Creep" by 48 Hawthorne

Votes: 8 1.5%
  • 03. "Archie Klunker" by GTCOMA

• 04. "Ben Davis" by NOC

• 05. "Beyond Thunderdome" by Chain Reaction

• 06. "Black American" by blackphantom

• 07. "Black and Wild" by garagegoon

Votes: 41 7.9%
  • 08. "Blue Eliminator" by Weekend Fun

Votes: 10 1.9%
  • 09. "Blue Moon" by Ken Nighplay

• 10. "Blue Ribbon Betty" by mtbikn212

Votes: 9 1.7%
  • 11. "Blue X" by skipton

Votes: 11 2.1%
  • 12. "Bombing Betty" by chaunceysj

Votes: 27 5.2%
  • 13. "Boss Ross" by gowjobs

Votes: 16 3.1%
  • 14. "Broken Beat Scarred" by Simpleman

Votes: 63 12.1%
  • 15. "Bruizer" by iDood

• 16. "Cash" by Devilmaysay

• 17. "Cinco de Polo" by JoKeR63

• 18. "Cpuff" by Cashman

Votes: 15 2.9%
  • 19. "CWC 1" by Roadmaster

Votes: 45 8.6%
  • 20. "Dynomite Racer" by zelkmaster

Votes: 17 3.3%
  • 21. "Elgin Old Army" by frameteam2003

Votes: 45 8.6%
  • 22. "Engine No. 9" by fenderhole

Votes: 113 21.6%
  • 23. "Grandpa Rockhopper" by XC204

Votes: 23 4.4%
  • 24. "Hometown Hero" by 59punk

Votes: 36 6.9%
  • 25. "Jenna Saykwa" by xddorox

Votes: 24 4.6%
  • 26. "Kindergarten Cruiser" by mrflagman

Votes: 14 2.7%
  • 27. "Knuckledown" by Found Objects

• 28. "Krusty Kargo" by bean

Votes: 34 6.5%
  • 29. "Lazy Rodent" by Monster Metal

• 30. "Lincoln Green" by Hubgearfreak

• 31. "Mildly Curious" by warpigg

Votes: 10 1.9%
  • 32. "Monkey Panic" by Bicycleguy

• 33. "Mr. Goodyear" by deorman

• 34. "Murray Resurrection" by Schwinnspastic

• 35. "Naked 41" by jcextreme

Votes: 24 4.6%
  • 36. "Phantom Menace" by John Payne

• 37. "Picnic Time" by purple

• 38. "Poore Mans Dream" by murraymadman

• 39. "Primed for Renewal" by Flying Dingo

• 40. "Resicycle" by 2dawgs

Votes: 20 3.8%
  • 41. "Rusty Brit" by pvwacko

• 42. "Salt Shaker" by hotrodjen

Votes: 35 6.7%
  • 43. "Sandune 2.0" by dirtywater

• 44. "Schwinnliner" by Hooch

• 45. "Silver Flyer" by Wildcat

• 46. "Skull-o-sis" by icyoud2

Votes: 37 7.1%
  • 47. "Steamed Rat" by Markm

• 48. "Stella Bread Racer" by irzouts

Votes: 25 4.8%
  • 49. "Stream-Flex" by 37fleetwood

• 50. "Swinger Special" by cman

• 51. "The Bandit" by Double Nickle

• 52. "The Desert Stormer" by 2wheelflyer

• 53. "The Goon" by hewey

Votes: 17 3.3%
  • 54. "The Grady Rocket" by char

Votes: 56 10.7%
  • 55. "The Juak Ali" Graylock

• 56. "The King of Cowley County" by udallcustombikes

• 57. "The Newsboy Special" by ratina

• 58. "The Sidewalk Super Villain Supernaut" by bighit

Votes: 124 23.8%
  • 59. "The Tennessee Klunk" by biss-ness

Votes: 12 2.3%
  • 60. "The Way Out Suburbanite" by Schweetcruisers

• 61. "The Wormwood Limited" by Strings_and_steam

• 62. "Tiki Time Cruiser" by bigcam59

Votes: 19 3.6%
  • 63. "Undertaker" by Kuttnhack

• 64. "Vagabond Gent" by xHOBOPHOBIAx

• 65. "Widowmaker VI" by texasbigjohn

Votes: 87 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
xddorox said:
Ah yes the post build off debate again! Steve, don't change a thing. An open vote build off is like the "peoples choice award" and it is a crap shoot. I've seen this first hand in model contests. There is actually a recipe for winning that award and it has nothing to do with top prize in any other category (If you are wondering it is build it big and with whatever theme or movie is popular at the moment). Well built and accurately researched models don't stand a chance in that category. That being said, if you are building to win, you are missing the point.

As a modelbuilder myself, I know EXACTLY where you're coming from. I used to put on a people's choice show (note: car modellers call them NNL's, but that name has a story behind it that's WAY too long to type here), and I used to tell the trophy hounds that were upset at losing, "If a trophy means THAT much to you, spend $40 at a shop downtown and they'll build you one." That's my mentality here, too. A contest like this is an inspiration to build something on a set deadline - a good reason to get a project DONE - and a way to share your builder's viewpoint with people of like interests.

Rudy Rude said:
I'm sorry man, no insults meant! lol I was just poking a bit o fun, plus I honestly couldn't remember the name of that chopper. It was meant to mirror the Bat Out of h***, Meatloaf cover right? Genius & great concept. So, apologies, I really couldn't remember the name of the bike. All the best!

i didn't take offense to the meatloaf reference, i actually used it myself. :) (feeling like a bat outta heck.)
it certainly wasn't the inspiration, but it did have uncanny similarities.

however i was of the understanding the coontail award was a "poser" type award for one that tries too hard to look cool.
a dear woman close to my heart once told me (shortly after a few kids teased me about my british accent to the point of crying)
"thier only bugging ya to feel better about themselves."
it cheered me up at the time (back in grade 2) and it stuck with me.

when i said i'd except the award with pride, i meant it in any circumstance. thats how i look at life. the cups always 1/2 full.
I had thought you were insulting me but i did take it as a compliment. so no harm no foul. :lol:
that's the problem with computers. its so easy to take things outta context.
its all good, i don't hold grudes.

that being said, i think theres a couple other feathers ya ruffled that ya might wanna take care of.
those bikes are getting the votes cause peeps love em. :)

*edit- i see ya already took care of that. ^^^^^ :)

all the bikes in this build of are 1 of a kind works of art. and in a way thats what its all about there are all a form of functional art, of course everyones take on art is allitle diffrent ( for the modernists, classics, sculptors, etc.) however that doesnt make any less valuable to the beholder. a little competitition i think is great because it pushes everyone to make there bike just allitle more original, but lets not forget that were all winners here and the only loosers are the people who dont appreciate what all of us are doing. cheers to all! (and for all those who voted "bombing betty" i do appreciate the support) :D

icy well spoken one thing i have learned is if you are doing well there will be others who will talk stuff. it happens heck i have done it in the past there i said it. every year there are bikes that i think should do better broken beaten and scared is one. i did not vote for it due to my own suicide last min coin toss to decide my third vote. sorry dude i love that bike it has amazing flow and fits the traditional rat style. actually this year i went totally different on what i liked i went with the bikes that stuck out and were kinda goofy but cool in the same way. this happens every year and as long as it is an open member voting which i actually think it should be it will be this way. have fun and keep on building but watch out i might be back next year :mrgreen:

And on that note, what about the kindergarden cruiser????

that takes some brass cojones to enter a kids trike and talent a mile long to pull it off!

wicked cool!

Can you imagine driving down the road and coming across a show with these bikes in some diner parking lot? I'd stop.

chaunceysj said:
all the bikes in this build of are 1 of a kind works of art.

Black & Wild will be hung on a local artists wall here in town. At least I got to put some miles on it before it gets set into place. I can't wait till next years build..... 8)

ahhh jeeze thought this was about having a good time. :roll:
building the salt shaker it wasnt for winning.. it was for building a bike that i would like to ride in the end . do things for ur self and be happy about it who cares if it will take #1 or # 66 . the open judging is awesome. there are plenty of bikes on here that are just so awesome with alot of work and then with little work lets just keep building , keep riding and have fun doing it
"put yer big girl panties on and deal with it" i always like to say :)

HotRodJen said:
"put yer big girl panties on and deal with it"

Can we just leave it at that? I think thats a good way to end all the back and forthing..... Everyones a winner!

garagegoon said:
HotRodJen said:
"put yer big girl panties on and deal with it"

Can we just leave it at that? I think thats a good way to end all the back and forthing..... Everyones a winner!

but thongs make me chafe !!!

HotRodJen said:
hahahaha yes guys ... i said panties lol .. alrighty so what are everyones plans for there bikes ? i read someone has a artist interested in hanging one up thats sweet!
what are everyone elses plans if any

i'm thinking about donating No.9 to my local fire dept. so they can use it for their fire prevention and awareness events. plus maybe it will influence some younger people to get involved into rat rod bikes as well. i hope so, i'm tired of being the only one in my city. lol :lol:

fenderhole said:
HotRodJen said:
hahahaha yes guys ... i said panties lol .. alrighty so what are everyones plans for there bikes ? i read someone has a artist interested in hanging one up thats sweet!
what are everyone elses plans if any

i'm thinking about donating No.9 to my local fire dept. so they can use it for their fire prevention and awareness events. plus maybe it will influence some younger people to get involved into rat rod bikes as well. i hope so, i'm tired of being the only one in my city. lol :lol:
wow! now that is really nice and cool :)

I still have Godzilla and sold Subterfuge to a guy who claimed it was modern art and said that he would treat it as such and this one will probably stay here as it is. call me sentimental. :oops: :roll:
P.S. I added a video in the finished thread if anyone wants to see Stream-Flex in action.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuUbobmS5Bs

icyuod2 said:
FOUND OBJECTS said:
Sure I though Doc Icy would win but I thought the The Brewers would have beat the Cubs last night too.:p

That makes one of us. 8) But i do appreciate the kind words from who i gather to be skull-o-sis's bigest fan (next to myself of course)

FOUND OBJECTS said:
On that note I WANT MY "BOOBIE" PRIZE SIGNED. :p

if that is the case, i'll make sure of it. :)
Dude you know that bike rules...not to be all buddy buddy and what not..but call a spade a spade.

Latest posts

Back