VOTE HERE!!!!!! - BUILD OFF #5

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PLEASE SELECT YOUR TOP THREE BIKES

• 01. "1940 Columbia" by Rudy Rude

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • 02. "57 Speed Creep" by 48 Hawthorne

Votes: 8 1.5%
  • 03. "Archie Klunker" by GTCOMA

• 04. "Ben Davis" by NOC

• 05. "Beyond Thunderdome" by Chain Reaction

• 06. "Black American" by blackphantom

• 07. "Black and Wild" by garagegoon

Votes: 41 7.9%
  • 08. "Blue Eliminator" by Weekend Fun

Votes: 10 1.9%
  • 09. "Blue Moon" by Ken Nighplay

• 10. "Blue Ribbon Betty" by mtbikn212

Votes: 9 1.7%
  • 11. "Blue X" by skipton

Votes: 11 2.1%
  • 12. "Bombing Betty" by chaunceysj

Votes: 27 5.2%
  • 13. "Boss Ross" by gowjobs

Votes: 16 3.1%
  • 14. "Broken Beat Scarred" by Simpleman

Votes: 63 12.1%
  • 15. "Bruizer" by iDood

• 16. "Cash" by Devilmaysay

• 17. "Cinco de Polo" by JoKeR63

• 18. "Cpuff" by Cashman

Votes: 15 2.9%
  • 19. "CWC 1" by Roadmaster

Votes: 45 8.6%
  • 20. "Dynomite Racer" by zelkmaster

Votes: 17 3.3%
  • 21. "Elgin Old Army" by frameteam2003

Votes: 45 8.6%
  • 22. "Engine No. 9" by fenderhole

Votes: 113 21.6%
  • 23. "Grandpa Rockhopper" by XC204

Votes: 23 4.4%
  • 24. "Hometown Hero" by 59punk

Votes: 36 6.9%
  • 25. "Jenna Saykwa" by xddorox

Votes: 24 4.6%
  • 26. "Kindergarten Cruiser" by mrflagman

Votes: 14 2.7%
  • 27. "Knuckledown" by Found Objects

• 28. "Krusty Kargo" by bean

Votes: 34 6.5%
  • 29. "Lazy Rodent" by Monster Metal

• 30. "Lincoln Green" by Hubgearfreak

• 31. "Mildly Curious" by warpigg

Votes: 10 1.9%
  • 32. "Monkey Panic" by Bicycleguy

• 33. "Mr. Goodyear" by deorman

• 34. "Murray Resurrection" by Schwinnspastic

• 35. "Naked 41" by jcextreme

Votes: 24 4.6%
  • 36. "Phantom Menace" by John Payne

• 37. "Picnic Time" by purple

• 38. "Poore Mans Dream" by murraymadman

• 39. "Primed for Renewal" by Flying Dingo

• 40. "Resicycle" by 2dawgs

Votes: 20 3.8%
  • 41. "Rusty Brit" by pvwacko

• 42. "Salt Shaker" by hotrodjen

Votes: 35 6.7%
  • 43. "Sandune 2.0" by dirtywater

• 44. "Schwinnliner" by Hooch

• 45. "Silver Flyer" by Wildcat

• 46. "Skull-o-sis" by icyoud2

Votes: 37 7.1%
  • 47. "Steamed Rat" by Markm

• 48. "Stella Bread Racer" by irzouts

Votes: 25 4.8%
  • 49. "Stream-Flex" by 37fleetwood

• 50. "Swinger Special" by cman

• 51. "The Bandit" by Double Nickle

• 52. "The Desert Stormer" by 2wheelflyer

• 53. "The Goon" by hewey

Votes: 17 3.3%
  • 54. "The Grady Rocket" by char

Votes: 56 10.7%
  • 55. "The Juak Ali" Graylock

• 56. "The King of Cowley County" by udallcustombikes

• 57. "The Newsboy Special" by ratina

• 58. "The Sidewalk Super Villain Supernaut" by bighit

Votes: 124 23.8%
  • 59. "The Tennessee Klunk" by biss-ness

Votes: 12 2.3%
  • 60. "The Way Out Suburbanite" by Schweetcruisers

• 61. "The Wormwood Limited" by Strings_and_steam

• 62. "Tiki Time Cruiser" by bigcam59

Votes: 19 3.6%
  • 63. "Undertaker" by Kuttnhack

• 64. "Vagabond Gent" by xHOBOPHOBIAx

• 65. "Widowmaker VI" by texasbigjohn

Votes: 87 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I totally agree with you 37fleetwood, it is just natural to side with the leaders. The #'s just seem so far apart with such a great selection to pick from.

I think everyone is putting too much thought into the voting and numbers.... Build a bike and have fun watchin others do the same.... Keep it simple stupid..... 8)

Great job to all!!!! A very hard choice to make. Looking forward to starting a build of my own..... and getting my trike finished, well for at least this year anyway.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
David
NE PA.

this should be a sticky for these build offs!
NLCTVWguy said:
So the end draws near...

As with any contest, we all like to see our opinions validated, and see that others agree with us. But more importantly, we need to remember that we're here, online in this cool space that Steve has created, because we're all a little different from the mainstream crowd.

We're the folks who march to a different drummer, who have our own style, who strive to do something just a little above and beyond what is offered to the masses.

The sum total of creativity and innovation shown on this forum every day is proof that thinking outside the box (or outside the diamond frame) yields incredible results. People from around the world are getting together on here to show off their mechanical creations, their artistic visions, their metalworking and graphical skills. This place is like no other.

Remember, whoever wins this contest, they well deserve it, and among the other entries, not a loser in the bunch. There are easily 20 bikes here I'd love to own. There are several I'd buy if they were offered by some innovative bicycle company as a production model. (I do hope Pacific, Electra, Felt, and the others are watching and learning.)

This showing was the best Rat Rod Build Off ever. It's been really fun to watch, overwhelming to try to decide on a few "bests", and humbling to see the level of work put into some of these 2-wheeled (and occasionally 3-wheeled) machines. I mean it when I say the love of machinery, of design, of spinning metal, runs through my veins and yours. Some of these bikes just stop me in my tracks and I say "WOW!" Quite a few of them left me with my jaw hanging open, staring at the details and the finish work.

All the participants in RRBBO5- thanks for making it happen. Steve, RatRod, thanks bro for hosting the whole party. All who viewed and voted and support the site in your own ways, we're all lucky to be part of such an awesome community in this place and time. I know that's how I feel.

Peace and Keep 'em Rolling! :lol:

--Rob Bareiss, New London, CT

and i couldnt agree with you more!
garagegoon said:
I think everyone is putting too much thought into the voting and numbers.... Build a bike and have fun watchin others do the same.... Keep it simple stupid..... 8)

I'm afraid people may be misunderstanding what I was trying to say. I'm just a curious person who likes to look at things and figure out how they work. no system will be perfect and the current system is fine, I just can't help noticing how it works. I am contented with how my bike has done and I did build a bike I love and all the rest that people assume I'm saying which isn't accurate. I was just noticing how it works. I voted very early on and no one was really in the lead then but as it turns out I voted for two of the top three bikes, and my third vote is solidly in the top 10 bikes, so I would like to say the top bikes are on top for good reason.
also the argument for voting for, or not voting for your own bike doesn't hold much water. my bike wouldn't have moved up any significant amount if I had voted for it, and the top bikes would still be ahead of the rest regardless of anyone voting for their own bike or not. vote for your own bike or not as you chose it really won't matter anyway.
as always it's been fun being in the build off. :mrgreen:

so although the poll is still open right at this moment, time is up and rrbo5 comes to a quiet close. it's been alot of fun and i was very glad to be a part of it. let me extend a big thank you to all the rrb members that voted for No.9. it was a close one, it seems the rrb community was divided down the middle for a while but as we all know in the end there can only be one winner. so on that note i would like to congratulate bighit on his awesome super villan creation. it's a killer bike and deserves all the spoils that come with it's victory. great job my friend and very nicely done!

the order of finished bikes i think(please double check in case i made a mistake) reads like this:

1st - sidewalk super villan
2nd - engine no.9
3rd - widowmaker VI
4th - broken beat & scared
5th - the grady rocket
6th - cwc-1 & elgin old army (tied!)

well done everybody!

i thought it was for 7 days exactly with the cut off time being 8:30 central. :?:
the official website time is now past 8:30.

I think I have the forum set to Central time, but after thinking that people couldn't see the poll results until after voting, I'm questioning it all. :lol:

im central time and it says your last post was Aug 11 at 12:15 AM .... it's 9:25 PM Aug 10th right now though

on my browser it said the polls ended at 8:30pm today

correct me if im wrong but theres a 20bike tie for last, all with 7 votes, thats awesome, its not really last when u have 19 people tied with you! and with this competition, being in the finished catagory is wicked cool! congrats to everyone!

Dang-the-luck.... 8th place.... This thing is rigged! Just kidding.... If I came in last place I would still feel the same... I feel as though I will try harder next year, but that I am still happy with my bike.... It has been a blast... I hope that next year there will be more entries and more people that finnish!

Congratulations to the winners!

1st Place: "The Sidewalk Super Villain Supernaut" by bighit
2nd Place: "Engine No. 9" by fenderhole
3rd Place: "Widowmaker VI" by texasbigjohn

Latest posts

Back