VOTE HERE!!! - RRBBO4

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Choose your top 3 favortie bikes!

• The Man In Black

Votes: 6 1.8%
  • Greaser "Great Balls Of Fire"

Votes: 26 7.8%
  • Schwinn Delorean DMC-12

• Jupiter-The Flying Finn

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • Dutch Racer

• Subterfuge

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Addison Speed Special

• ?RUNVS?

Votes: 5 1.5%
  • The Tenderizer

Votes: 12 3.6%
  • Hooch-A-Rama

• The Rust Huffer

Votes: 10 3.0%
  • Ratty News

• The Gooch!!

Votes: 23 6.9%
  • Cosmic Flyer

• Sir Loin Of Beef

Votes: 28 8.4%
  • Orange County Rat "Chop Suey"

Votes: 8 2.4%
  • Twice As Nice

• The Columbian

• Black Coffee With Cream

Votes: 11 3.3%
  • You Dirty Rat

• R.E.D.

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Nasferatu-The Koffin Kruiser

• In With A '38

• Change Of Plans

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • The Crucible

Votes: 22 6.6%
  • The Rickety Rat

• B Wok (Bored Wok)

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Murrat

• Beachin' Cruiser

• Badd Mojo

Votes: 13 3.9%
  • The Blue Zepper

• Mas Patina

• LLSX-53

Votes: 31 9.3%
  • Them Bones

• The Bike Formerly Known As Mr. Goodyear

• Riki-Tiki-Rati

Votes: 17 5.1%
  • Board Feather

• FatRat

• Sweet Liberty

• Next Blood Clot

• "The Starliner" Cafe Racer

• Mad Max's Money Build

• The Grunge Rudge

Votes: 9 2.7%
  • Stove Bolt Special

• Free Wheelin Gambles

• 1948 Hawthorne: The Claymore

Votes: 9 2.7%
  • Joscats Caffeinachronism

• .... BOUND

Votes: 20 6.0%
  • For Ruby

• The Beaver

• Roadmaster Diesel

Votes: 21 6.3%
  • Military Time Machine

• Rustic Hawthorne

• Billet Bullet

• The Galt Town Hooligan

Votes: 87 26.0%
  • Mustang

Votes: 15 4.5%
  • The Battle Cruiser

• New, Used & Reused

• Zig Zag

Votes: 27 8.1%
  • The Frightliner

• Hot Rod Scooter

• Raisin Under The Sun

• Half-a-lugi

• Eddie Munsters Other Bike "Wolfgang"

• Black No. 1

• The King Ray

• Splatter Rat

• Dirt Dobber

• Ultra Violet

• Beach Picnic

• 1963 Schwinn Racer- Plain & Simple

• Victim Of Changes

• Blackened

• Stripped And Teased

Votes: 86 25.7%
  • Hot Rod Girl

• Bad Influence

• Zepatista

• Rat Turd

• Higgoosa

• Ratty Caddy

• The Lady Rat "Spitzel"

• 63' Base

• Hiawatha Silver Bullit

• JC Jalopy

• 1/2 Six Pack Later

• Meshmerized

• Pacific Paradise Found

• Lady Luck

Votes: 14 4.2%
  • The Merc

Votes: 17 5.1%
  • The Shooting Star

• Country Rat AMF

Votes: 15 4.5%
  • GI Joe

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
thatismytruck said:
Anyway we look at it though, we are all the winners for getting to look at all these sweet bikes!

Exactly. Lots of cool bikes and great ideas.

I did not enter as summers get busy and I was project poor until the last week. But I enjoyed reading the builds.

thatismytruck said:
Funny you mention that Scott. I felt the same way as you and voted using the same sorta method ("The two that stood out really stood out"). But funny in that of the two that are getting the most votes, I only voted for one of them. One wasn't even on my radar screen. (no offense to either builder) A really nice bike, for sure, but not in the running in my mind anyway.

Anyway we look at it though, we are all the winners for getting to look at all these sweet bikes!

I agree, I hadn't made it through the threads and didn't even catch that one.

37fleetwood said:
it gives me hope that one of these times I may just hit the right combination and have such an outstanding bike as offered here!

Really, I am not offended my bike hasn't gotten a lot of votes so far... maybe a little disappointed! :) But I can honestly say there's not much more I would have done, even if I had the time. It's exactly what I wanted to build, and as I said before, I just threw it in to force me to finish it by a deadline, and broaden the field.

I don't think anybody would begrudge the two current leaders, they're both excellent bikes, and builders. But I am puzzled that there's not more votes for some bikes that obviously deserve it. I suppose with 90+ bikes to sort through, there's no way everybody can get lots of votes.

Maybe next year, we can split the field into 2 or 3 groups? If we have over 100 bikes, it will be extremely hard to pick a winner, much less go through the worklogs.

And yes, next year I will do my best to bring my A-game! You guys just caught a glimpse of what I can do when I set my mind to it... Muwahaha!! :wink:

Rat Rod said:
Yeah...after going through four of these build offs I guess I'm just used to the ups and downs of the traffic.

I'm having to keep up with so many posts every day that I don't normally have time to keep up with most of the build off posts anyway.

true, I wouldn't want to stand in your shoes. It's amazing what you do for this site (and thus for us!). Because of enthousiasme you can get lost in keeping this forum up and running and 'forget' about building bikes. Glad to see you're managing both: An oustanding site and some sweet bikes! Glad I stumbled upon it and had the guts to join the build-off.

By the way... I think I NEED a build-off like this just to finish a bike. It's like... I felt all of your beady eyes focussing upon me... That is the kind of fuel that made me do things on my builds I never thought possible. Thanks for that guys!

:D

I think the voting may appear bitter for some builders at first glance, but it's quite logical that most are getting few or no points at all if you think about it. As said before: All of the bikes deserve a spot high on the list. We all did very well and made some beautiful bikes. Though few of them are 'perfect' (and even less are getting votes). On the other hand no-one deserves a spot low on the list. And by low I mean getting the 'no votes'.
Getting the 'just 2' votes at the moment is a bit dissapointing for me, but I'm glad I got them. (Thanks for that!) But really they could have gone to most of 'the rest'. Those 2nd and 3rd votes are the hardest and the most personal I guess. I just want to say I'm okay with this voting-set up but an other option could be giving points to everybody:

No 1 gets 5 points
No 2 gets 4 points
The rest get 3 points each
Or something like that...

This just came to me though.. Don't know if it works. I really don't want to think about this stuff. I'm okay with how Ratrod set this poll up. He's doing an amazing job.
:D

In the end: You build your bike for yourself, to ride and to enjoy.. If somebodyelse likes it: cool. If not: That's okay too.

Thanks a lot to the guys who have voted for my bike...! I only wish we could make a RRBB04 ride and show with all these bikes together in the same place! Congrats everybody and thanks Rat Rod, things like this is what keep this community going, these bikes are great!

how long is the voting going to run a week like last year? and again to all this one has been fun i had a ton of fun coming up with my build. i wanted to challenge myself and build something a little outside the box but try not to go so far that it was not cool. and as mentioned before there are a lot of bikes here that are great bikes. i had suggested a points system before but no one seemed to like the idea. congrads to all and good luck!!

This just came to me...

I'm wondering how many of you are not point'n'clicking acurately enough when voting. Maybe a lot of you accidently hit the Galttown Hooligan-button while you really wanted to hit the Billet Bullet-button that is just half an inch above...

:shock: :shock: :shock:
:mrgreen:

(sometimes I crack myself up. really I do...)
:wink:

you mean I might have voted for that bike from Galt??? really Galt? can any good thing come from Galt? :roll:
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

karfer67 said:
i had suggested a points system before but no one seemed to like the idea. congrads to all and good luck!!

Indeed you did. It's possible it still could work, with a less weighted scale (where 1st doesn't get 300% more points than 3rd) but we've got some time to iron that out. I still think we might have to split the bikes into groups if we get more than 100... or vote for more than 3.

FunkyStickman said:
karfer67 said:
i had suggested a points system before but no one seemed to like the idea. congrads to all and good luck!!

Indeed you did. It's possible it still could work, with a less weighted scale (where 1st doesn't get 300% more points than 3rd) but we've got some time to iron that out. I still think we might have to split the bikes into groups if we get more than 100... or vote for more than 3.

For me it's okay the way it is... I guess it would be a LOT of work to create a different poll-set up ...and in the end voters won't love my bike more for it... It just seems more friendly. People just have to realize that getting a 'no votes' in a poll for 92 entrants there's still a possibility to be on the 4th place spot of a lot of voters. Theoretically speaking. Who knows. I wouldn't mind.

But ofcourse that's easy for me to say. I ended up on third place to at least two of the voters!
:mrgreen: 8)

herr_rudolf said:
But ofcourse that's easy for me to say. I ended up on third place to at least two of the voters!
...Or 1st place to at least two of the voters :mrgreen: :shock: :shock:

...did you know the ghost of the dead worm that was caught on your fender light bracket could be affecting the votes. :shock: :lol:

...I listened to what you said earlier about ghosts possessing old parts of the bikes and decided to give a burnt offering to the Tiki-ratrod spirit during my BBQ in my back yard yesterday (piece of meat fell in the fire) I hope that helped :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wildcat said:
At 340 votes, someone snuck an extra vote in there somehow.

Glad to see I'm not the only one to have noticed that... It happend sometime in the beginning of the voting, and I guessed that somebody didn't read it right and just voted for one. The other two went into thin air. Too bad. Those votes probably would've ended up on The Billet Bullet...

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :wink:

vibr8shun said:
herr_rudolf said:
...Or 1st place to at least two of the voters :mrgreen: :shock: :shock:

...did you know the ghost of the dead worm that was caught on your fender light bracket could be affecting the votes. :shock: :lol:

...I listened to what you said earlier about ghosts possessing old parts of the bikes and decided to give a burnt offering to the Tiki-ratrod spirit during my BBQ in my back yard yesterday (piece of meat fell in the fire) I hope that helped :lol: :lol: :lol:

...let me refphrase that and try to fool you all with a modest appearance...
'I ended up on at least third place to at least two of the voters' followed by a more bold 'but I could've ended up on the 1st place to two of the voters'.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :shock: really? I honestly didn't think of being someones main vote... :shock: :D

Oh, and when I mentioned hotrod-ghosts? I certainly didn't had that dead worms spirit in mind...
You just cracked me up...

Well I finally got to vote, and it was way too tough, I looked and looked thought I had an idea who I was voting for.....and then its like what about this and that ,even though I am running in the no vote there is alot of bikes to vote for. I just enjoy the build part and trying to raise the bar every year......see ya in the next build :wink:

WOW!!! Lots of great bikes. Like everybody else, I 'm having a tough time selecting 3 favs. So far I've got my list cut down to 13 bikes. This build off is a wonderful resource for future builds, but with the brain trust of this group, you know the next build off will have some really wild rides. Keep up the good work everybody.

I hope my build contributed to the RRBBO4, without offending or breaking the creed of the rat bike build off. I just built the bike the way I wanted using the tools and abilities I have, just like everybody else.

As far as voting goes, I think it would be nice to not see the results until after the voting is closed, it would drive people crazy with anticipation, and would end the build off with a big surprise.

And as for my bike getting votes, yes its nice to get votes from my fellow RRB members, but the real votes for me come from riding the bike and seeing the reactions of the people on the streets. The smiles per mile, that my bikes cause. The people yelling "nice bike", "cool bike", "where did you get that bike", " can I take a picture of your bike", "can I ride your bike" and so on. My hopes are that my bikes inspire people to turn off the TV, video game, or computer and find a bike and get creative with it and ride it creating even more smiles per miles.

GREAT JOB RatRod, and rat bike builder.

Now I have to whittle this list of bikes down to 3 and vote.

Wildcat said:
At 340 votes, someone snuck an extra vote in there somehow.
That's alright, I messed up and voted for my first choice and clicked submit before clicking my 2nd & 3rd choices. Leave it up to a newb to mess it up. :oops:

Gold Street Customs said:
I just enjoy the build part and trying to raise the bar every year......see ya in the next build :wink:

Definitely! This was my first bike build-off, and I'm hooked. I'm already planning for next year. :mrgreen:

dangratsdan said:
And as for my bike getting votes, yes its nice to get votes from my fellow RRB members, but the real votes for me come from riding the bike and seeing the reactions of the people on the streets. The smiles per mile, that my bikes cause. The people yelling "nice bike", "cool bike", "where did you get that bike", " can I take a picture of your bike", "can I ride your bike" and so on.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Latest posts

Back