VOTE HERE!!! - RRBBO4

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Choose your top 3 favortie bikes!

• The Man In Black

Votes: 6 1.8%
  • Greaser "Great Balls Of Fire"

Votes: 26 7.8%
  • Schwinn Delorean DMC-12

• Jupiter-The Flying Finn

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • Dutch Racer

• Subterfuge

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Addison Speed Special

• ?RUNVS?

Votes: 5 1.5%
  • The Tenderizer

Votes: 12 3.6%
  • Hooch-A-Rama

• The Rust Huffer

Votes: 10 3.0%
  • Ratty News

• The Gooch!!

Votes: 23 6.9%
  • Cosmic Flyer

• Sir Loin Of Beef

Votes: 28 8.4%
  • Orange County Rat "Chop Suey"

Votes: 8 2.4%
  • Twice As Nice

• The Columbian

• Black Coffee With Cream

Votes: 11 3.3%
  • You Dirty Rat

• R.E.D.

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Nasferatu-The Koffin Kruiser

• In With A '38

• Change Of Plans

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • The Crucible

Votes: 22 6.6%
  • The Rickety Rat

• B Wok (Bored Wok)

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Murrat

• Beachin' Cruiser

• Badd Mojo

Votes: 13 3.9%
  • The Blue Zepper

• Mas Patina

• LLSX-53

Votes: 31 9.3%
  • Them Bones

• The Bike Formerly Known As Mr. Goodyear

• Riki-Tiki-Rati

Votes: 17 5.1%
  • Board Feather

• FatRat

• Sweet Liberty

• Next Blood Clot

• "The Starliner" Cafe Racer

• Mad Max's Money Build

• The Grunge Rudge

Votes: 9 2.7%
  • Stove Bolt Special

• Free Wheelin Gambles

• 1948 Hawthorne: The Claymore

Votes: 9 2.7%
  • Joscats Caffeinachronism

• .... BOUND

Votes: 20 6.0%
  • For Ruby

• The Beaver

• Roadmaster Diesel

Votes: 21 6.3%
  • Military Time Machine

• Rustic Hawthorne

• Billet Bullet

• The Galt Town Hooligan

Votes: 87 26.0%
  • Mustang

Votes: 15 4.5%
  • The Battle Cruiser

• New, Used & Reused

• Zig Zag

Votes: 27 8.1%
  • The Frightliner

• Hot Rod Scooter

• Raisin Under The Sun

• Half-a-lugi

• Eddie Munsters Other Bike "Wolfgang"

• Black No. 1

• The King Ray

• Splatter Rat

• Dirt Dobber

• Ultra Violet

• Beach Picnic

• 1963 Schwinn Racer- Plain & Simple

• Victim Of Changes

• Blackened

• Stripped And Teased

Votes: 86 25.7%
  • Hot Rod Girl

• Bad Influence

• Zepatista

• Rat Turd

• Higgoosa

• Ratty Caddy

• The Lady Rat "Spitzel"

• 63' Base

• Hiawatha Silver Bullit

• JC Jalopy

• 1/2 Six Pack Later

• Meshmerized

• Pacific Paradise Found

• Lady Luck

Votes: 14 4.2%
  • The Merc

Votes: 17 5.1%
  • The Shooting Star

• Country Rat AMF

Votes: 15 4.5%
  • GI Joe

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Congratulations Adam on the win! I think that anyone who looked over ALL the bikes in the gallery could have picked-out more than just three . . . man that was tough voting for sure!
"Great job" to all the builders that entered and thanks for taking the time to document your builds . . . good show! 8)

connnnnngradulationnnnsss Karfer! You've just won a Brand Spankin' newwww...drawing. :lol: oh and that shiney trophy.
good goin' man! glad you won! you got more votes than anyone else, your bikes are always the most eccentric, yet clean and uncluttered. you seem to know JUST what to bolt and weld where. the lines are never in the wrong spot (except on the inside of that tank but it was ok at the time :wink: ). the ideas are just oozing from your bikes. i think theres pills for that..oh wait, nope. fresh out. :mrgreen:

Good job gentlemen. As it's been said, you guys really do stand out with the quality of work you've done, capturing the imagination of the whole community and the appreciation of your fellow bike builders.

The entire RRBBO4 list is really full of many winners- while we picked the crowd favorites or "Best in show" bikes as the winners, the really hard part would be selecting only 12 of these to go into next year's calendar!

Awesome work Adam and Mark, well deserved congratulations. We Connecticut guys will drink a toast to you and enjoy talking about this one for a long time to come.

There are so many other bikes that I really flipped out over in this Buildoff, and I hope all those builders will be back for the next one. I didn't put together a bike for this one because I was just too busy with many other bike projects as well as Real Life, but I'm glad to be a part of this site and feel like I now know all you guys like good friends. This site really brings people together and, unlike so many Internet forums, its almost always positive, friendly and helpful here.

Last, Steve ( Ratrod), THANK YOU for not only providing this forum, but offering this contest, inspiring 100's of people to do fun creative projects, resulting in good fun, great entertainment, lots and lots of eye candy, and most importantly, some lasting friendships in this community. Your website is a huge success and the world is a better place for it. I can't give higher praise than that.

Thanks for the fun, the bikes, and the memories!

--Rob Bareiss, New London, Conn. "NLCTVWguy"

beatcad said:
Rat Rod said:
Congratulations to...

1st - Adam (karfer67)
2nd - Mark (kram)
3rd - lobsterboyx

Excellent builds all around!!!! :D

for us w/ ADD :lol:
1st -the galt town hooligan
2nd - stripped & teased
3rd - LLSX-53

great job guys.

.....and congratulations to ratrodbikes.com for the record number of brand new member registrations in the last few hours of voting. almost 30 new users by my count..... they definitely made the voting exciting.

fenderhole said:
.....and congratulations to ratrodbikes.com for the record number of brand new member registrations in the last few hours of voting. almost 30 new users by my count..... they definitely made the voting exciting.

Exciting for sure! That's classic haha! Have all your the friends, family and neighbours to vote. :D

2Fresh said:
Exciting for sure! That's classic haha! Have all your the friends, family and neighbours to vote. :D
yep...that is classic :lol: I wonder how it would of turned out if the votes were for active members whom at least put thier 2 cents in during the build...Oh I dunno...maybe at least, 10-15 various posts within the several months as opposed to:

"hey mom, can you log on and vote for me?"
" bro, you gotta vote for me, I know ya got my back"

:lol: :lol: :lol: ...hey ,I'm just sayin' as for the rest of us 90+ builder who got votes from total strangers on line... 8) 8) 8)
...and I know you're thinking it, but yes, I said it. 8) 8) 8)
...anyways...
Congrats to the winners :!: :!: :!: you guys deserve it :D :D

I had a great time in the build off even though it isnt looking good for "Spitzal" cant wait for the next build. I herd it was an Anything goes build. :wink:

Congrats Karfer! I still want to know, how the heck do you ride that thing with a face full of carburetors? :lol:

Congrats guys.And exellent acceptance speach Karf.

One because its true.I was in contact and helped by alot of great ratrodders in order to get my bike together.My friends and fam came through alot too,with with support and giving me the drive to finish.Thank you all.And thanks to Steve for throwing this shin-dig.I had a blast building this bike and met some new cool guys along the way.

And two, you gave The Gooch a shout-out :p .

Big props to the top three and congrats to everyone with a cool new bike. :mrgreen:

Congrats to all of the builder! I really enjoyed watching everyone builds and tried to come up with something different, and I think I succeeded in that with my scooter. Super congrats to Adam on "The Galt Town Hooligan" Congarts to Mark on "Striped And Teased" and Congrats to Lobsterboyx on "LLSX-53 And the other 13 that came in ahead of myself Don with "Hot Rod Scooter" and my two tied friends Valture with "Twice As Nice" and Fartknocker with "Tenderizer". This has been a lot of fun, I'll take 3rd billing for 16th place sense I only built half of a bike. I'm looking forward to the next build-off.
Thanks to everyone that voted for my scooter.

Congrats to Karfer and Kram, you made RRBBO4 race really exciting with cool builds and great documentation. Sharing the ideas and making them happen is what I like about the people on RRB. Great job.

And, Thanks again to Ratrod for such a cool, clean, organizied, and informative web site.

I can see it in the next build off.....big cam, zoomies, with flame throwers.....think about it.

Gotta ride. I think i'll take the Starliner out for cruise again this evening.
Dangratsdan

Congratulations, Karfer! And thanks for the honorable mention, it means a whole lot, coming from the winner in the middle of his "acceptance speech" I hope I raised the bar for ladies frames (Ironically by leaving the bar where it is) or at least stirred things up a bit.

Your bike is just great, I prowled your thread right from the start. Nice balance of wildness, crustiness, and tech, and really well built - the ideal rat bike.

I agree, ratrodbikes.com RULES, so a big thank-you to Steve for putting this on.

.... now to find me an old cantilever frame for next year...... :wink:

this site does RULE and just ask greg when he called me asking if the polls had ended. i thought they were still open and he said that it said the polls had ended and i went nuts lol running around the yard like a mad man i am sure it was funny to watch for passers by. now that would have been a youtube moment :lol:
an acceptance speach huh? well i have said it before but ok here it goes......

first and foremost i have to thank all my close friends who after the build off started were egging me on to try again. i was gonna stay out of it this year and take a break then sensor had the frame and tank. i did not know the tank was raw and when i saw it the whole thing sorta clicked. i was originally going to use the frame for a burrito bike but i suddenly had an image in my head of the build off bike and it was on. i had mocked up that silver king with the cool bars and modded monarch front end and i took most of the parts off that bike and put them on this one. but at the swap meet gary, and essera (sorry if i spelled your name wrong buddy) had this cool chrome schwinn style flat blade fork. we made a trade and with those three parts it began. after mocking up the fork i decided the monarch legs needed to be bent to match the schwinn fork then the idea of the longer rockers came to me. then the brass knuckles shape shortly after and the whole bike sorta snowballed from there. i wanted to do the shovel seat and a rear suspension but i just ran out of time and the bike would have sat too low as well. as is on the last second sat ride i think i hit the pedals a few times but thats what happens when u have a few then go ripping around on a bike with the pedals this low. i also have to thank frank for the wheels which were the deciding factor in the color combo. i did NOT want a black and red bike but i thought black and maroon would be cool. then there are the carbs which i also have to thank frank for finding and i can only imagine what ran through his head when i called him asking to find them and that they were for the build off bike :lol: . and terry and the boys at college terry gave me the bars after i found them in his barn, and the guys for putting up with all the questions that the bike draws now that it is on display in the shop. i also have to thank my wife debbie for putting up with my late nights out in the garage tossing wrenches around like a mad man trying to get her done in time. and my son dylan for being my back up telling me that the carbs were hecka cool even when i first mocked them up and for a moment thought otherwise. and finally all of you because i love to build custom bikes along side you guys and it is so true that each year i find it harder and harder to try and hang with you guys. the rate of progression on this site is staggering and we are really trend setters that will go down in history for the ages. you guys rock steve u rock for giving us a place to show off our work, our lives, our problems, and even rants and arguments from time to time. i just hope you guys have as much fun building custom bikes as i do because it has been a blast and now i say that we all kick back relax and do a national breath in and breath out relaxing routine. naw now that you guys have new bikes to ride get out and ride darn it!!!!!!

congratulations Adam. i remember reading your first posts about not wanting to enter this years build off and now look at ya! takin home the trophy! truly an outstanding bike and craftsmanship in your ride. it would be an honor to have a custom bike built by you. the competition was very tough this year but the galt town hooligan took the cake! congrats man! you earned it!

Easy E

Latest posts

Back